ExcMagic in BCB6

2004-05-26 05:58:42 PM
cppbuilder105
Anybody got this combo to compile and link ok?
This is typical of the linker errors I'm getting:
[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'System::__linkproc__ __fastcall
BeforeDestruction()' referenced from F:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER6\EXCMAGIC\EXCMAGIC.OBJ

Re:ExcMagic in BCB6

Seems a forlorn hope....
Checking the sources for System.pas and Sysutils.pas between BCB5 and
BCB6 shows up some critical differences that will require the author of
ExcMagic to do some work before his code will link into BCB6.

"Colin" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Checking the sources for System.pas and Sysutils.pas between BCB5 and
BCB6 shows up some critical differences that will require the author of
ExcMagic to do some work before his code will link into BCB6.

I managed to link ExcMagic with BCB6 project. I may send you info what
libs/objs are needed.
/Pavel

{smallsort}

Re:ExcMagic in BCB6

Hmmm....interesting, perhaps you have a later version of ExceptionMagic
than I do, which might account for some of the other problems I had with
the product.
Anyway, be that as it may, I've bitten the bullet and sprung the $99 for
EurekaLog and all I can say is "what a difference!" I can see why it's
users glow so much when they talk about it, it really is quite an
amazing product - and no, I didn't get a discount for saying that!!!!