VtChart

2005-06-26 02:31:26 PM
cppbuilder68
It appears that Borland Builder6.0 comes with VtChart, which looks very much like the ActiveX control that comes with VB 5.0. I am seeking to learn how to programatically assign data to the chart elements. It appears that this control will also permit certain elements to be rendered not visible, which may enable me to eliminate the problem with unequal series of points being plotted. Unfortunately, it appears that the "Data" property is no longer defined to be a number under Borland Builder. When I type in the following:
VtChart1->ChartType = VtChChartType3dBar;
VtChart1->ColumnCount = 8;
VtChart1->RowCount = 8;
int column, row;
for(column=0; column<8; column++)
{
for (row = 0; row<8; row++)
VtChart1->Column = column;
VtChart1->Row = row;
VtChart1->Data = row * 10 }
}
I get a problem with "VtChart1->Data = row * 10" due to the Data property being a string under Builder, while the example in the instruction book on the CD claims that the code in the original example (apparently written for Visual Basic) is written in such a manner so as to cause "Data" to be able to be set equal to "row * 10".
Any way to get this straightened out? My goal is to be able to plot a series of six points then plot a series of, say, a hundred points, and be able to show both on the same X-Y plot, without introducing 94 meaningless points on the six point plot.

Re:VtChart

[...]
I get a problem with "VtChart1->Data = row * 10" due to the Data property being a string under Builder, while the example in the instruction book on the CD claims that the code in the original example (apparently written for Visual Basic) is written in such a manner so as to cause "Data" to be able to be set equal to the value of "row * 10".
How do you set data points programmatically with this control?Any way to get this straightened out? My goal is to be able to plot a series of six points then plot a series of, say, a hundred points, and be able to show both on the same X-Y plot, without introducing 94 meaningless points on the six point plot.

Re:VtChart

"DJV" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Please wrap your lines when you post. Your editor may visually
wrap them for you but you need to enter a hard return at the
end of each line.
It appears that Borland Builder6.0 comes with VtChart, [...]
This group is for the discussion of Borland's implementation
of the C++ language. Your question would best be asked in the
vcl.using group.
I would suggest that you read the import lib header file - VCFI.hpp
and using the help file VCFI.hlp and then search the archives:
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
~ JD

{smallsort}

Re:VtChart

At 09:16:11, 26.06.2005, JD wrote:

"DJV" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Please wrap your lines when you post. Your editor may visually
wrap them for you but you need to enter a hard return at the
end of each line.
He uses the http interface of the server. That blasted thing does not
wrap properly. :-(
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] velthuis.homepage.t-online.de
"I was raised in the Jewish tradition, taught never to marry a

Re:VtChart

"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

He uses the http interface of the server. That blasted thing does not
wrap properly. :-(
Actually, it doesn't wrap at all. That's why the page says:
Please enter your message text here:(press enter at the end of each line)
~ JD