PRET for FTP?

2005-02-19 03:06:53 PM
cppbuilder105
Hi, one of my users has requested support for something called PRET. I have
absolutely NO idea what this is. I cannot find it in the ftp RFC's anywhere.
Can someone point me towards something that might explain this a little bit
more? I thought I knew the ftp protocol, but this is a new one to me... ;)
Lynn

Re:PRET for FTP?

"Lynn Morrison" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi, one of my users has requested support for something called PRET.
I have absolutely NO idea what this is. I cannot find it in the ftp RFC's
anywhere. Can someone point me towards something that might explain
this a little bit more? I thought I knew the ftp protocol, but this is a
new
one to me... ;)
PRET (Distributed PASV)
wiki.drftpd.org/index.php
Gambit

Re:PRET for FTP?

PRET (Distributed PASV)
wiki.drftpd.org/index.php

Thanks Remy. So can I assume that this is 'NON' standard as per the
RFC's? Maybe it will become standard at some future time? I am only worried
that if this is proprietary that it will change often, making it hard to
support consistently.
Thanks again...
Lynn

{smallsort}

Re:PRET for FTP?

"Lynn Morrison" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Thanks Remy. So can I assume that this is 'NON'
standard as per the RFC's?
Correct.
Maybe it will become standard at some future time?
Doubtful. Most commercial FTP applications do not implement it, and it has
not been submitted for standardization.
I am only worried that if this is proprietary that it will change
often, making it hard to support consistently.
Perhaps, but there is only one implementation for PRET right now, and if the
user is asking for PRET support, what I pointed you to earlier is how to
implement it.
Gambit