Board index » cppbuilder » Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox

Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might take a graphic file of a
logo or similiar graphics file and load it into a RichEdit combobox and then
load in a  text file just below that in the same RichEdit combobox so that I
can create a combined file that can be sent to a printer?  I know how to
send it to a printer , but I can't seem to figure out how to combine the
files.

            Thanks,

                 Roger

 

Re:Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox


Check this site:  http://home.att.net/~robertdunn/Yacs.html

I think for what you want to do you have to upgrade your RichEdit dll,
but he can tell you for sure.

HTH

Bob

Quote
"R.H." wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might take a graphic file of a
> logo or similiar graphics file and load it into a RichEdit combobox and then
> load in a  text file just below that in the same RichEdit combobox so that I
> can create a combined file that can be sent to a printer?  I know how to
> send it to a printer , but I can't seem to figure out how to combine the
> files.

Re:Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox


Hi, Bob.

Quote
> I think for what you want to do you have to upgrade your RichEdit dll,
> but he can tell you for sure.

> > I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I might take a graphic file of a
> > logo or similiar graphics file and load it into a RichEdit combobox and then
> > load in a  text file just below that in the same RichEdit combobox so that I
> > can create a combined file that can be sent to a printer?  I know how to
> > send it to a printer , but I can't seem to figure out how to combine the
> > files.

I answered Roger via e-mail before reading the NG messages.  If anyone
else is interested in the *general technique* for inserting graphics
programmatically into RE controls, let me know by a follow-up to this
thread.  FWIW, I figured it out only two days ago myself....

robert

Re:Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox


Quote
Robert Dunn wrote:

< snip >

> I answered Roger via e-mail before reading the NG messages.  If anyone
> else is interested in the *general technique* for inserting graphics
> programmatically into RE controls, let me know by a follow-up to this
> thread.  FWIW, I figured it out only two days ago myself....

Absolutely. You mean it can be done without resorting  to RE2.0 or
RE3.0?

Cheers

Bob

Re:Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox


Hi, Bob.

Quote
> > I answered Roger via e-mail before reading the NG messages.  If anyone
> > else is interested in the *general technique* for inserting graphics
> > programmatically into RE controls, let me know by a follow-up to this
> > thread.  FWIW, I figured it out only two days ago myself....

> Absolutely. You mean it can be done without resorting  to RE2.0 or
> RE3.0?

Absolutely.  RE 1.0 fully supports OLE.  Well, you must add the OLE
support, but the RichEditOle.zip code on my site does this and has
always supported RE 1.0.

robert

Re:Adding a graphics file to a RichEdit combobox


Thanks.

Bob

Quote
Robert Dunn wrote:

< snip >

> Absolutely.  RE 1.0 fully supports OLE.  Well, you must add the OLE
> support, but the RichEditOle.zip code on my site does this and has
> always supported RE 1.0.

Other Threads