Properties tab of "Object Inspector"

2005-04-12 06:06:22 PM
cppbuilder18
Hi,
I was trying to make a Properties tab of BCB's "Object Inspector" kind of
view which basically looks like table but on the left part few rows are
expandable like a tree (e.g Anchors, Constraints, Color rows.. which are
expandable.) .. also the 2nd column may contains button, combo box etc..
Can someone provide any help in how to do the same.
Thanks and Regards,
Vishal

Re:Properties tab of "Object Inspector"

"Vishal Khandelwal" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I was trying to make a Properties tab of BCB's "Object Inspector"
kind of view which basically looks like table but on the left part few
rows are expandable like a tree (e.g Anchors, Constraints, Color rows..
which are expandable.) .. also the 2nd column may contains button,
combo box etc.. Can someone provide any help in how to do the same.
There are third-party Object Inspector components available online for
download. Go to www.torry.net and similar sites.
If you want to implement it manually, using standard components, then you
have your work cut out for you. I once implemented a working Object
Inspector using an owner-drawn TValueListEditor that dynamically
increased/decreased its RowCount based on items being expanded/collapsed.
It took quite a bit of code to keep track of everything that was needed.
Gambit