BCB6 ignores breakpoints

2004-10-12 12:40:03 PM
cppbuilder24
I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes gets
into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I noticed
that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code while in
execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.
Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?

Re:BCB6 ignores breakpoints

"Celtis" wrote:
I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes gets
into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I
noticed
that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code while in
execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.

Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?

Builder gets crazy. It may help to restart BCB.
If you use project group make sure the project you debug is
the LAST one in the group.
/Pavel

Re:BCB6 ignores breakpoints

Thanks
"Pavel Vozenilek" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Celtis" wrote:

>I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes
gets
>into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I
noticed
>that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code while
in
>execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.
>
>Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?

Builder gets crazy. It may help to restart BCB.

If you use project group make sure the project you debug is
the LAST one in the group.

/Pavel

{smallsort}

"Celtis" wrote:

>I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes
gets
>into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I
noticed
>that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code while
in
>execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.
>
>Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?

Builder gets crazy. It may help to restart BCB.

If you use project group make sure the project you debug is
the LAST one in the group.

I have found that if you have opened a file in a directory other than the
one in the project you are working in (using the Open File dialog) then this
can happen. The way to fix that is to open a file in the same directory as
your project and things seem to work okay.
Ciao
Bill

Re:BCB6 ignores breakpoints

Thanks Bill, I will experiment.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>"Celtis" wrote:
>
>>I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes
gets
>>into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I
>noticed
>>that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code
while
in
>>execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.
>>
>>Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?
>>
>Builder gets crazy. It may help to restart BCB.
>
>If you use project group make sure the project you debug is
>the LAST one in the group.

I have found that if you have opened a file in a directory other than the
one in the project you are working in (using the Open File dialog) then
this
can happen. The way to fix that is to open a file in the same directory
as
your project and things seem to work okay.

Ciao
Bill

Re:BCB6 ignores breakpoints

This is a bit of a "gotcha", and it had me for a while once. Breakpoints
only work while the compiler's debugging mode is in effect.
Choose Options from the Project menu, go to the Compiler tab, click Full
Debug, then Ok.
Hope this helps,
- James
"Celtis" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I have recently noticed that while debugging, the de{*word*81} sometimes gets
into a state in which it ignores brakepoints. On closer inspection I
noticed
that the little dots that appear to the left of each line of code while in
execution mode also disappear, when the problem occurs.

Is it me doing something stupid or is Builder just being difficult?

Re:BCB6 ignores breakpoints

Thanks James. I have debugging enabled, and the de{*word*81} sees breakpoints
then sometimes it just enters a mode in which it starts ignoring them. I
close & reopen the IDE and then it sees the breakpoints again. I think is a
bug in the de{*word*81}. Makes one wonder how they debugged the de{*word*81}.