A *.exe and a *.dll in the same project?

2004-08-04 02:01:13 AM
cppbuilder8
C++BuilderX
I have a project taken directly from a book's CD-ROM (*).
Being an in-proc COM module, it has a *.exe client and
a *.dll component server.
My problem is that I don't know what's the proper
procedure to create the initial project. If I select
"New Console" I cannot add a "New DLL" later in the
same project, and the converse doesn't work either.
Please don't tell me that I need two projects,
one for the client and one for he server.
Is that the way to do it?
TIA,
-Ramon F Herrera
(*) what I am trying to build is the example in
Cahpter 7 of "Inside COM" by Dale Rogerson,
Microsoft Press. It seems to be an excellent
starting point for COM learning.

Re:A *.exe and a *.dll in the same project?

Ramon,
First, create a Project Group. Then, create the New Console and New DLL
projects, and add them both to the Project Group. The easiest way to do
this is by checking the "add to active project group" box when creating your
console and DLL projects.
-- YH --

Re:A *.exe and a *.dll in the same project?

Thanks for your kind assistance, Yu-Chen.
That was my next guess.
-Ramon
Yu-Chen Hsueh wrote:
Ramon,

First, create a Project Group. Then, create the New Console and New DLL
projects, and add them both to the Project Group. The easiest way to do
this is by checking the "add to active project group" box when creating your
console and DLL projects.

-- YH --

{smallsort}

Re:A *.exe and a *.dll in the same project?

"Ramon F Herrera" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
C++BuilderX
This is a BCB newsgroup, not a CBX one. You should direct all CBX questions
to the CBX newsgroups instead (borland.public.cbuilderx.*).
Gambit