resource strings

2004-10-05 03:07:44 PM
cppbuilder51
Hello, I'm using in Delphi "resourcestring " to store all the text used in
my application as a resource. How can i make the same in C++ builder?.
Thanks in advance
K.W

Re:resource strings

"McKool" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello, I'm using in Delphi "resourcestring " to store all the text used
in my application as a resource. How can i make the same in C++
builder?.
There is no equivilent approach in C++. You will have to manually set up
and load the resource strings manually. To set up the resources, you have
to use either:
1) an RC file with the appropriate string table entries listed in it,
and then add the RC file to your project
2) a separate resource editor program (there are plenty of them
downloadable).
Then in your code, you have to use the VCL's AnsiString::LoadStr() method or
the Win32 API's LoadString() function to load the string data at runtime
when you need it.
Gambit

Re:resource strings

Thanks Gambit.

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Hello, I'm using in Delphi "resourcestring " to store all the text used
>in my application as a resource. How can i make the same in C++
>builder?.

There is no equivilent approach in C++. You will have to manually set up
and load the resource strings manually. To set up the resources, you have
to use either:

1) an RC file with the appropriate string table entries listed in it,
and then add the RC file to your project

2) a separate resource editor program (there are plenty of them
downloadable).

Then in your code, you have to use the VCL's AnsiString::LoadStr() method
or
the Win32 API's LoadString() function to load the string data at runtime
when you need it.

Gambit

{smallsort}