Re: Compiling and Running My Own C++ Programs

I want to create my own independent C++ programs that I’ve created, and want to compile, run and debug (if needed) them. But I can’t seem to run them properly using C++ Builder 6.0. Please let me know what I’m doing wrong.
I’d choose New|Other and open a new Cpp File and start writing C++ code, and then save it in Cbuilder6|Projects folder. When I open the C++ Builder the files that open automatically are Unit1.cpp, Project1.cpp and Form1. After I’ve completed and saved my own C++ file (.cpp extension), I would click on the Project pull down menu and select Project|“Compile Unit?drop-down menu Then I would click on the Project|“Make Project1?drop-down menu. Then I would click on the Projects|“Build Project1?drop-down menu. Finally, I’d choose Run|Run to run my program. But, all that would happen is the Form1 screen pops up and just stays there, and do not carry out instructions that I had written in my C++ program (no errors were found).
My C++ programs do not seem to be executing. I even selected the the Project|Add to Project drop-down menu and then went through the steps mentioned above in compiling, building and running. I even went through an exhaustive search in the Help section, but to no avail.
Why can’t I run my own independent C++ programs? Please let me know. I’m a first time user of the software. Thanks for your attention and assistance.

Re:Re: Compiling and Running My Own C++ Programs

[...]

You probably should use the Console Wizard to create your
projects. It is found at File | New | Other... | New |
Console Wizard. When the the Console Wizard dialog comes
up there are two ways of using it that might interest
you:
1) Leave the checkbox "Specify project sourece" OFF.
Then you will get an empty "main" for you to type in your code.
...or...
2) Set the checkbox "Specify project sourece" ON and browse
to one of your own .cpp files that has a "main" in it.
--Craig

{smallsort}