Directory Selection Dialog

2005-07-30 03:59:18 AM
cppbuilder80
I'm not sure where to post this question so I'll try here. I'm trying to
write a program that requires a user to select a directory. I'd like to
have some sort a dialog pop up and prompt the user but all I can find in
the IDE are dialogs that allow a user to select individual files, not
whole directories. Does anyone know a dialog type that will allow me to
select directories?
Thanks,
Matt

Re:Directory Selection Dialog

"Matthew Kemmerer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm not sure where to post this question so I'll try here. I'm trying to
write a program that requires a user to select a directory. I'd like to
have some sort a dialog pop up and prompt the user but all I can find in
the IDE are dialogs that allow a user to select individual files, not
whole directories. Does anyone know a dialog type that will allow me to
select directories?
Look at SelectDirectory.
HTH
Jonathan

Re:Directory Selection Dialog

"Matthew Kemmerer" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I'm not sure where to post this question so I'll try here. I'm
trying to write a program that requires a user to select a directory.
This is not an IDE issue. This group is for discussions related to use of
the IDE itself. Coding issues should be directed to the
"borland.public.cppbuilder.language.cpp" group for C++-specific questions,
"borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using" group for VCL-specific
questions, and the "borland.public.cppbuilder.nativeapi" group for Win32
API-specific questions.
I'd like to have some sort a dialog pop up and prompt the user but all I
can find in
the IDE are dialogs that allow a user to select individual files, not
whole directories.
The VCL has a SelectDirectory() function, and the Win32 API has a
SHBrowseForFolder() function.
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:Directory Selection Dialog

Sorry for posting to the wrong group.
Thanks for the help though. That function works perfectly.
-Matt