Component pallete missing

2005-12-06 01:00:54 PM
cppbuilder23
Hi,
I'm using C++Builder 6 Enterprise and due to other commitments, I
haven't used the program for some time. This morning when I wanted
to update one of my apps I found that I had to Re-Register!!!! ( And
this while I was using a registered version since CB6 was placed on
the market)
Re-register but when the project opened I found that all class errors
appear i.e. Class TQuickRep not found, Class TBitBtn not found,
etc., etc. When the application opens, the componenet pallet is
missing and naturally all windows are blank!
I installed in addition to the standard components the XLSReadWrite
components as well as a demo version of TCAD viz. TCADxptrial but
never actually developed an App with TCAD.
Is it possible for BCB6 to uninstall itself partially or is this due
to some virus or something.
Suppose I have to re-install the complete program again with all it's
updated as well as all additional components.
Times like this when you quit programming altogether.
Best Regards
Andre

Re:Component pallete missing

Are you logging in with a different username? Settings and palette info
is stored against the logged in user. You can either do a new install
and just select the install registry option (or words to that affect)
or install all the BPLs manually,
HTH
Al
www.coolest-gadgets.com
Andre Hayward wrote:

[...]

This happens if you installed BCB as a different user.
Try re-installing - registry only (or similar) and the pallette should
re-appear.
HTH Pete
"Andre Hayward" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

[...]

{smallsort}