How to edit keymappings

2006-10-26 07:15:11 PM
cppbuilder27
Hi,
one simple question only: How do I edit the keyboard shortcuts of
Borland Developer Studio 2006?
Best regards,
- Erik

Re:How to edit keymappings

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:

one simple question only: How do I edit the keyboard shortcuts of
Borland Developer Studio 2006?
:) That was never supported. You will have to write your own plugin with
new keyboard definitions.
There was a sample for that shipped with BCB5 and BCB6. I do not know if
it is still present with BDS.

Re:How to edit keymappings

Darko Miletic < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
>Hi,
>
>one simple question only: How do I edit the keyboard shortcuts of
>Borland Developer Studio 2006?

:) That was never supported. You will have to write your own plugin with
new keyboard definitions.
Wow! A simple answer to a simple question, but the implications are
far more complicated than what I had in mind... ;-) IMHO, every editor
(Borland's editor included) should have (some sort of) an user
interface where one could alter keyboard shortcuts to suit one's own
needs and/or habits. But thanks for your answer anyway :)
There was a sample for that shipped with BCB5 and BCB6. I do not know if
it is still present with BDS.
Could anyone please show me or point me in the direction of some good
documentation for Borland's API for writing this kind of plugins (if
such a thing exists)? Any help will be appreciated.
Best Regards,
- Erik

{smallsort}