GDI+ and BCB ... project options gotcha

2005-03-14 04:33:07 PM
cppbuilder104
I've now added GDI+ support to my BCB5 app, using the advice at
www.leunen.com/cbuilder/gdiplus.html.
However, I couldn't get any functions that used modes defined in GDI+ to
work; they all failed with an 'invalid parameter'. I finally figured out
that these functions all included enumeration parameters, and flipped the
project's compiler option 'Treat enum types as ints' from false to true.
Top! Now all the calls are working just fine...
Thought I'd post this in case anyone else got held up at the same hurdle,
GT.

Re:GDI+ and BCB ... project options gotcha

Graham Thompson wrote:
I've now added GDI+ support to my BCB5 app, using the advice at
www.leunen.com/cbuilder/gdiplus.html.

However, I couldn't get any functions that used modes defined in GDI+ to
work; they all failed with an 'invalid parameter'. I finally figured out
that these functions all included enumeration parameters, and flipped the
project's compiler option 'Treat enum types as ints' from false to true.
Top! Now all the calls are working just fine...
Thanks for reporting this solution. I'll add your trick to my page.
Michel
Michel Leunen
mailto: see my homepage.
C++Builder, BCC5.5.1 Web site: