BDS2006 or BCB2007....

2007-07-14 02:31:14 AM
cppbuilder107
Hi,
What's the difference between these two products? I couldn't find BDS2006
on Borland yesterday, but lots on BCB2007.
Paul

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Paul at NCF wrote:

What's the difference between these two products? I couldn't find
BDS2006 on Borland yesterday, but lots on BCB2007.
BDS 2006 was sold under several different names: C++Builder 2006,
Delphi 2006 etc. It contains 4 main personalities: Delphi for Win32,
Delphi for .NET, C++Builder and C#Builder.
C++Builder 2007 only contains C++Builder, i.e. no other personalities.
C++Builder, as always, can still use Delphi units, but can't edit
Delphi forms, frames, etc.
AFAIK, there will be a RAD Studio 2007, the successor to BDS 2006,
containing Delphi for Win32, Delphi for .NET and C++Builder.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de
"The use of anthropomorphic terminology when dealing with

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Thanks.
Still finding it difficult to find a UK seller for BDS 2006. Delphi 2006
isn't the same thing is it? And the CodeGear website doesn't seem to sell
it anymore from what I can see.
Paul
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Paul at NCF wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What's the difference between these two products? I couldn't find
>BDS2006 on Borland yesterday, but lots on BCB2007.

BDS 2006 was sold under several different names: C++Builder 2006,
Delphi 2006 etc. It contains 4 main personalities: Delphi for Win32,
Delphi for .NET, C++Builder and C#Builder.

C++Builder 2007 only contains C++Builder, i.e. no other personalities.
C++Builder, as always, can still use Delphi units, but can't edit
Delphi forms, frames, etc.

AFAIK, there will be a RAD Studio 2007, the successor to BDS 2006,
containing Delphi for Win32, Delphi for .NET and C++Builder.

--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de

"The use of anthropomorphic terminology when dealing with
computing systems is a symptom of professional immaturity."
-- Edsger Dijkstra

{smallsort}

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Hello Paul,
BDS 2006. Delphi 2006 isn't the same thing is it?
>BDS 2006 was sold under several different names: C++Builder 2006,
>Delphi 2006 etc. It contains 4 main personalities: Delphi for Win32,
>Delphi for .NET, C++Builder and C#Builder.
BDS 2006 = Delphi 2006 (Delphi for Win32, Delphi for .NET) + C++Builder +
C#Builder
As Rudy mentioned, the 4 different programming languages are called
"personalities", all in o n e IDE (= BDS 2006).
Greetings
Udo

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

C++Builder 2007 only contains C++Builder, i.e. no other
personalities.
Just to be sure, because it seems that I've already spread
misinformation in one local forum.
I know that C++Builder 2006, includes all 4 personalities.
If I understoud well, C++Builder 2007 contais only 1 peronality ?!
(I thought that BCB2007 also includes 4 personalities, and that
Turbo C++ Pro 2007 includes only one)
--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Just to be sure, because it seems that I've already spread
misinformation in one local forum.
To be precise, the original question was what's the major
difference between BCB2007 Pro (800E) and Turbo C++
2007 Professional (400E) ?
--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Paul at NCF wrote:
Thanks.

Still finding it difficult to find a UK seller for BDS 2006. Delphi
2006 isn't the same thing is it?
Actually, it is exactly the same thing.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de
"Science is what people understand well enough to explain to a

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Udo Weik wrote:
As Rudy mentioned, the 4 different programming languages are called
"personalities", all in o n e IDE (= BDS 2006).
But the entire product is sold under 3 different names, even if all
three contain exactly the same. This is confusing, but was actually
meant to make it easier for the buyer. <eg>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de
"2 + 2 = 5, for extremely large values of 2." -- unknown

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

Vladimir Stefanovic wrote:
>C++Builder 2007 only contains C++Builder, i.e. no other
>personalities.

Just to be sure, because it seems that I've already spread
misinformation in one local forum.

I know that C++Builder 2006, includes all 4 personalities.

If I understoud well, C++Builder 2007 contais only 1 peronality ?!
Yes.

(I thought that BCB2007 also includes 4 personalities, and that
Turbo C++ Pro 2007 includes only one)
No. CodeGear did the upgrades in bits. First Delphi 2007 only
(Spacely), then BCB 2007 only (Cogswell) and they said they would
release the studio product (Highlander, "RAD Studio?") this year as
well.
Highlander will contain 3 main personalities (no more C# Builder, but
can still compile and link C#), and be something like Spacely +
Cogswell + upgraded Delphi for .NET + some extras in one IDE.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] rvelthuis.de
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog,

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

No. CodeGear did the upgrades in bits. First Delphi 2007 only
(Spacely), then BCB 2007 only (Cogswell) and they said they would
release the studio product (Highlander, "RAD Studio?") this year as
well.

Highlander will contain 3 main personalities (no more C# Builder, but
can still compile and link C#), and be something like Spacely +
Cogswell + upgraded Delphi for .NET + some extras in one IDE.
Thank you for the info.
--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:BDS2006 or BCB2007....

I'm glad I asked the question :-)
Thanks. I will look for Delphi 2006 an see what I find in the online
stores.
Hello Paul,