Services and DCOM client

2004-05-09 07:47:38 PM
cppbuilder106
HI all,
I am trying to create a service that uses an imported type library for a
server application that runs on a particular PC.
Everything works ok - but hard coded.
that is....I set my remote PC address, and set AutoConnect to true and
it works fine.
Now I really need to have a configuration setting, that says where the
the remote PC address is, set the imported object AutoConnect property
to false, then read the setting and set AutoConnect to true.
But I cannot seem to find an appropiate 'place' where I can read the
settings file and configure the object and connect.
It just does not work - hard coded - yes - but no way to configure the
object. I tried the OnExecute and OnStart Event to try to read the
object parameters and 'Connect()' the object but I get errors.
Any suggestions.

Re:Services and DCOM client

"Colin B Maharaj" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
It just does not work - hard coded - yes - but no way
to configure the object. I tried the OnExecute and
OnStart Event to try to read the object parameters and
'Connect()' the object but I get errors.
You need to be more specific. Just saying it doesn't work says nothing at
all about the actual problems you are experiencing. Please show your actual
code, and explain exactly what you expect it to do, what it is actually
doing instead, what the actual error messages are and whether they are
compile-time or run-time errors, etc.
Gambit