Re: TurboDe{*word*81}

2003-12-27 07:22:50 AM
cppbuilder112
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >ha scritto nel messaggio
| You are debugging hundreds of files at once? I doubt it.
|
| Decide on the part of the app that you need to check out right now and
copy
| those files to the source directory. However, why are you debugging a
| library anyway? The whole idea of why you use a library is that it is
| already debugged.
I am working with version 2.5.1 of wxWindows, a not yet released version.
And by the way, wxWindows is a GREAT library, but it is not perfect. So I
have to look inside their code to understand why certain methods work
differently from expected. I am developing a strongly-oriented Unicode
application, and therefore I am walking on some little explored paths... ;-)
DdJ

Re:Re: TurboDe{*word*81}

If you are developing a new version of a library, you would be well served
by limiting the number of items that are not yet proven in a given debug
session.
It is all too common that when someone tries to do everything at once, the
result is that nothing is accomplished. I've been there, done that. Make
your own mistakes, don't copy mine. Try to limit the number of source files
that you are debugging in any given session.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...