Problem with an empty unicode string

2005-03-16 11:34:58 PM
cppbuilder50
Hi,
I have two SQL Server databases:
db1, has tables with varchar and text fields and
dbuni, has tables with nvarchar and ntext fields
On my form I use TDBEdit and TDBMemo controls to manage the data.
If I do an update (or insert) on db1 everything works fine.
If I do an update or insert on dbuni I get the following EOleException, when
I try to enter an empty string in the db:
Disallowed implicit conversion from data type text to data type nvarchar,
table '<table name>', column '<fieldname>'. Use the CONVERT function to run
this query.
I feel it has to do something with the connection string, but I don't know
which property I must set.
Any one have a suggestion?
Thanks,
Leen