What is TXPManifest?

2006-04-20 10:47:36 PM
cppbuilder36
Can someone please tell me what TXPManifest component does?

Re:What is TXPManifest?

Can someone please tel lme what is this new component in BDS 2006?
TXPManifest? There ain't no help on that thing.

Re:What is TXPManifest?

That is the component that changes the look of VCL comonents. Usually,
all components look like on Win9X operating system, but when using
TXPManifest your program will (after compiling) look like on WinXp
operating system. Try to notice.
Also it is possible to have a Win Xp look in design mode, but it is a
lot complicated :-)

{smallsort}

Re:What is TXPManifest?

That is the component that changes the look of VCL comonents. Usually,
all components look like on Win9X operating system, but when using
TXPManifest your program will (after compiling) look like on WinXp
operating system. Try to notice.

Also it is possible to have a Win Xp look in design mode, but it is a
lot complicated :-)

Ahhh!!! Yes, it does look like XP, when I'm in XP windows theme. Ok. So
if I drop that component, will my program work in Windows 9x? 2000? or will
it only work in XP?
How do I make it look like XP at design time. Give me a brief.
Alex

Re:What is TXPManifest?

I am not quite sure about trying to run those programs on win9x or
Win2000, but i think that it should'nt be a problem. Why? Well.. XP
Manifest is nothing else than a XML document :
<assebly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"
manifestVersion="1.0">
<assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="86"
name="Company.Product.program.exe" type="win32" />
<description>WindowsExecutable</description>
<dependency>
<dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86"
publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*" />
</dependentAssembly>
</dependency>
</assembly>
If you want to know have a winxp desing while designing a form than you
must create this XML document and save it as
(program.exe.manifest). I am using BCB 6 and than i save it as
bcb.exe.manifest. You should see what is the name of BCB 2006 main
executable. This XML file must be in the same folder as your BCB
executable.
This is NOT always reccomended but you can try. Program can crash and
so on...
BUT...... There is a safe way:
1. Go to www.google.com and serch for program called "Resource Hacker".
It is free.
2. Also.. search for file WINXP.RES.
Than, open your BCB.EXE (or what is his name...) in Resource Hacker
and add resources from WinXp.res to BCB.EXE.
Next time you open BCB 2006, it will use WinXp look...