how do i get an .exe version of a c program

2005-03-15 06:41:07 AM
cppbuilder108
I've developed a console project using Windows 2000. It uses the BCC32 and ILIKN32 compiler options.
The project has a self contained c program. How do I create an .exe version of the c program?
When I use the make project or make program options, I think that I get only a .obj file.
Robbin Boston

Re:how do i get an .exe version of a c program

The bcc32.exe compiler creates object files from source files and
header files.
The ilink32.exe linker creates an executable from object files,
libraries module definition files and resource files.
Those items should not be a problem. The CBuilderX IDE will handle
those details for you.
. Ed
news:42361303$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
The bcc32.exe compiler creates object files from source files and
header files.

The ilink32.exe linker creates an executable from object files,
libraries module definition files and resource files.

Those items should not be a problem. The CBuilderX IDE will handle
those details for you.

. Ed

>Robbin Boston wrote in message
>news:42361303$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I've developed a console project using Windows 2000. It uses the
>BCC32 and ILIKN32 compiler options. The project has a self
>contained c program. How do I create an .exe version of the c
>program? When I use the make project or make program options,
>I think that I get only a .obj file.

I know that the process should be automatic, but it's just not happening for me.
Here's what I have. A Windows 2000 console project named proj01.cbx which contains the c program
test01.c. I can see all of this in the project pane. Proj01.exe also shows up in the
project pane. When I run the c program from the run choice on the main menu, everything
works fine. When I right click test01.c in the project pane and click "Make", I get the
message at the end "build succeeded with 0 files built". I get no test01.exe file out of
the process.

{smallsort}

Re:how do i get an .exe version of a c program

I have had the same problem. Was there any answer to this?
What I did to get by was to modify a working sample code that DID generate
an .exe.
But if I create a project from scratch it only generates an .obj. Unless
it's sticking the .exe in another folder?
Tom Althoff
Disney/ABC-TV

On 16 Mar 2005 14:05:54 -0800, "Robbin Boston" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
When I run the c program from the run choice on the main menu, everything
works fine.
If the program runs, then the .exe file has been created. I suspect
that you are not looking in the right place. CBX supports multiple
toolsets, and because of that it will create a separate output
directory for each toolset and build (debug or release).
If you are using the default borland toolset, the exe should be in a
subdirectory of the project directory, maybe
MyProject\windows\borland56\debug_build
Different versions of CBX may use different names for the toolset.
When I right click test01.c in the project pane and click "Make", I get the
message at the end "build succeeded with 0 files built".
That's because the exe file is already created (by running the
project), so no new files need to be built.
- Leo