What is guardan in the context of TService apps...?

2005-05-01 05:09:10 PM
cppbuilder20
Hi,
I've heard once about 'guardian' in the service app.
Can someone please tell me what is guardian in the context
of TService apps, and when/why should I use it?
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:What is guardan in the context of TService apps...?

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've heard once about 'guardian' in the service app.
Can someone please tell me what is guardian in the
context of TService apps, and when/why should I use it?
A Guardian is a service that watches over another service to make sure that
it is functioning properly. If the watched service fails to operate, is
stopped prematurely, etc, the guardian can reset and restart it
appropriately as needed.
Gambit

Re:What is guardan in the context of TService apps...?

Thanks for the info...
--
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I've heard once about 'guardian' in the service app.
>Can someone please tell me what is guardian in the
>context of TService apps, and when/why should I use it?

A Guardian is a service that watches over another service to make sure
that
it is functioning properly. If the watched service fails to operate, is
stopped prematurely, etc, the guardian can reset and restart it
appropriately as needed.

Gambit

{smallsort}