Re: newbie

2006-04-26 02:01:28 PM
cppbuilder0
"Reid" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
Can someone tell me how to use std::vector and std::random_shuffle?
I could not figure out how to use it. I have search in Google and
did not understand how to use it. It would be nice to have some
example codes for it.
This is a good explanation with example code:
gethelp.devx.com/techtips/cpp_pro/10min/10min1299.asp

Re:Re: newbie

"Reid" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
I am still new on std::vector and std::random_shuffle.
[snip]
I just wish there is a good webpage that will help me to
understand how to use each functions or codes.
The std:: stands for standard taken from standard template
library or STL for short. It is a very important part of C++,
though a little complicated to understand for beginners. It
offers the so called cantainers, which are dynamic arrays for
different purposes, where std::vector is the non-specialized
dynamic array which is used most often.
Here is a great link explaining it all:
www.ccd.bnl.gov/bcf/cluster/pgi/pgC++_lib/stdlibug/booktoc1.htm
And here is the reference:
www.ccd.bnl.gov/bcf/cluster/pgi/pgC++_lib/stdlibcr/cr1.htm
As for the concrete problem, see Thomas Maeder's reply.

Re:Re: newbie

Hi all,
I want to develop on Windows and deploy on Linux. is this possible?
and what db should i choose. Do i need to change drivers with the
change of os?
www.opera.com/mail/

{smallsort}

Re:Re: newbie

Willem Luijk wrote:
Hi all,

I want to develop on Windows and deploy on Linux. is this possible?
and what db should i choose. Do i need to change drivers with the
change of os?

Not currently possible with IW

Re:Re: newbie

I want to develop on Windows and deploy on Linux. is this possible?
and what db should i choose. Do i need to change drivers with the
change of os?
IW servers should be able to run under WINE. You can give it a try.

Re:Re: newbie

>I want to develop on Windows and deploy on Linux. is this possible?
>and what db should i choose. Do i need to change drivers with the
>change of os?

Not currently possible with IW
I've seen it done via Wine on linux.