Data exchange from different EXE-File

2007-08-01 03:44:45 PM
cppbuilder114
Hi.
I hope i'm right in this newsgroup..
I need to make a small data exchange to/from a different Borland c++ Exe
file (like a remote control).
I need to read the Text in a StatusBar and some Edit and Listbox fields of
a running exe file.
Is it possible to get the Text of a StatusBar or a Edit/Listbox field with a
API Call ?
( In addition i need to write to a Edit field and to a Stringgrid cell.
I think this can be done by sending a keystroke to the program. Or is there
a good api function too? )
Thanks.
John

Re:Data exchange from different EXE-File

"John Smith" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

I need to make a small data exchange to/from a different Borland c++ Exe
file (like a remote control).

I need to read the Text in a StatusBar and some Edit and Listbox fields
of
a running exe file.
Is it possible to get the Text of a StatusBar or a Edit/Listbox field with
API Call ?

( In addition i need to write to a Edit field and to a Stringgrid cell.
I think this can be done by sending a keystroke to the program. Or is
there
a good api function too? )
in BCB Journal
bcbjournal.com/index.php
in No.4 (April 2002) there is a nice technique for inter-process
communication
_Minas
------
"Only the virtue's conquests have certainty" Sofokleous Erephyle

Re:Data exchange from different EXE-File

"John Smith" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote

I need to make a small data exchange to/from a different Borland c++ Exe
file (like a remote control).

I need to read the Text in a StatusBar and some Edit and Listbox fields
of
a running exe file.
Is it possible to get the Text of a StatusBar or a Edit/Listbox field with
API Call ?

( In addition i need to write to a Edit field and to a Stringgrid cell.
I think this can be done by sending a keystroke to the program. Or is
there
a good api function too? )
Also look at WM_COPYDATA windows message
Best Regards
_Minas

{smallsort}

Re:Data exchange from different EXE-File

You can't access it unless you pay for it.
Am I wrong?

"4N" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote
You can't access it unless you pay for it.
Am I wrong?

that one is not in the public articles.
Minas Harokopos
------
"Only the virtue's conquests have certainty" Sofokleous Erephyle