Click here for Petition against Borland

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

Bupp Phillips,
(1) I agree with whole heartedly. I have given up on QC utterly now.
It's an excellent tool (well done to those writing it) but using it
is like waving a screwdriver around in the air. Pointless and
ultimately tiring. You might even put someone's eye out with it :)
(2) I can see as being annoying for a lot of developers but is less
of an issue for us.
There are two (3)s.
I dislike the tone and language of the first and in any case I can
see good and reasonable business reasons why Borland should put
Delphi ahead of us.
I see no reason to include the second (3) in the petition. Borland
either care about us not using their product or they don't.
Petitioning them to change their mind seems pointless. It's their
business and their business decision.
(4) Disagree. Borland make their product available on the web and
it's very well known. They released the previous compiler for free to
the community and have released prior produce versions on magazine
cover disks.
I'm very critical of this CBX release and concerned about the VCL
issue but I don't think it warrants a petition. Borland can operate
its business as it sees fit and if it doesn't produce what I want
then I'll go elsewhere.
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

www.petitiononline.com/bcbfutur/
Somehow I think we have been here before - remember Interbase?
All my new work is now Firebird and PHP4 rather than
Builder6, and I have not had to pay for any updates ;)
--
Lester Caine
-----------------------------

{smallsort}

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

Borland gave us an "open letter" giving the "road map" for future C++
products, and they just released C++BuilderX.
I agree that the support for C++Builder 6 left a lot to be desired, but it
looks like they're trying to make a new start with the product line.
You are welcome to your opinions of course, but I thought it odd that you
put forward your petition just a couple days after a major new release.
David

Bupp Phillips wrote:
www.petitiononline.com/bcbfutur/

Against Borland or for BCB? <g>
.a

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

I didn't create the petition, I came across it on the Internet and then
posted the link.
That's my total involvement.
"Bupp Phillips" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

Sage Salvatore,
This is in response to your petition posted at:
www.petitiononline.com/bcbfutur/
Can you please let me know how to contact you by phone? J.P. LeBlanc,
our VP of C++ products, would like to talk with you about the requests
in your petition.
Thanks!
John Kaster
Sr Manager
Developer Relations
Borland Software Corporation
--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html

Re:Click here for Petition against Borland

Dear Everybody,
For those of you reading this thread, the petition was created in June.
Which has been a while and many knew little of BCBX then.
However, the sentiments of the community at large is the same. Though some
may regard my petition as profane (just because I mention 'bull shit'?).
Mostly have ignored my petition though. I truly appreciate those who have
the 'balls' (oops there goes profanity again!) to sign my petition and
express their views to Borland.
However, if you'd like to sign the petition, please do. Unlike what I
thought initially (i.e right after the Open Letter), it still seem to apply
to the current situation.
Thank you very much,
-Sage
PS: JohnK I have sent an e-mail to you with my contact details. I am in
Malaysia at the moment.

Sage Salvatore wrote:
PS: JohnK I have sent an e-mail to you with my contact details. I am in
Malaysia at the moment.
Thanks! JP and I will be calling you as soon as I get in to the office
and coordinate with him.