Re: CBuilder X is a end of Borland ?!

2003-09-29 03:15:43 AM
cppbuilder0
Marcelo R. Lopez, Jr. wrote:
Peter,

What planet are you on ? Earth ? If so, then you have to understand that
outside for some parts of China ( after all, there's Hong Kong ), North
Korea, parts of the middle east, Cuba, and few other small countries....this
is a CAPITALISTIC society. Everyone gets to say their say so. I think
Please limit your comments to those relating to the discussion, also try
not to insinuate things about which you probably know very little, and
do not even bother to try to equate how 'capitalistic' == 'free say so'
as the two terms are not even remotely related. This is a newsgroup
about Borland products not a political discussion forum. Many people
from all over the world use these newsgroups, including from the
countries you mentioned.
Nikolay knows this is a C++ newsgroup, do YOU know that what this thread is
REALLY about.
[snip]
See above.
I now this topic has become somewhat heated but please try to refrain
from going over-the-top to make points. Good points well made are easy
to identify without extra dressing.
Jamie

Re:Re: CBuilder X is a end of Borland ?!

Jamie,
There is a passage in the bible...."I once was blind, but now I see"
The fact is....I DO know "something" about the subject. My comments ARE very
much related
to the discussion. Perhaps at the time is may have sounded like an
insinuation, but the fact
remains that these newsgroups are for public discussion, and since this is a
non-technical
newsgroup, then that opens the door to statement of opinion, and discussion
of matters that
pertain to more than "How do I code this ?". The statement I made was at the
HEART of the discussion
that's been going on over the past couple of weeks, and which as you must've
noticed, is of GRAVE
concern to a great many people who have invested time, and money into their
development efforts.
This is section of a C++ newsgroup, one which specifically states it does
not address specific technical issues, rather it lends itself to OVERALL
discussion of the product ( C++Builder ). Furthermore, I was specifically
TOLD by a member of TeamB that I should limit discussion of the subject that
we were discussing TO this particular newsgroup. SO...who should I believe
that this is the place to discuss this issue ? You, or HIM ?
Frankly, I pick him ( Congratulations, Remy ).
That I came down on someone who was deriding someone who was stating their
displeasure at how Borland has handled the whole matter of "To VCL or not To
VCL", and that you're now stating your displeasure at me, is a little
confusing. I would think MORE people would've spoken up.
Jamie...why don't you pay a little more attention to what's happening with
C++BuilderX, and ask yourself, "Is this REALLY, what I want ?". If you have
a lot invested in VCL technology, I'd wager I already know the answer.