Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

2004-10-12 02:02:14 AM
cppbuilder14
Hi,
I want to programmaticaly send SMS messages from my
PC to mobile phones. I'm not interested in sending specially
formated e-mails to mobile provider which later sends SMS,
nor I'm interested in connecting mobile phones to PC with
appropriate cables.
I'm interested in GSM modems (only to send SMS - other
services like MMS are of no interest to me).
* Has anyone some experiences with that concept?
* Can you advice me some model?
I googled these days to find out this by myself, but unfortunately
the most of the useful sites are on 'experts-exchange' to which
I have no access. I also tried on Nokia formus but their Login
page is just unavailable for some reason.
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

Vladimir Stefanovic wrote:
[...]
I'm interested in GSM modems (only to send SMS - other
services like MMS are of no interest to me).
Motorola and Siemens have such GSM modems/modules (google for "gsm
modules").
You can send SMS using an extended AT command set.
HTH
Massuda

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I want to programmaticaly send SMS messages from my
PC to mobile phones. I'm not interested in sending specially
formated e-mails to mobile provider which later sends SMS,
nor I'm interested in connecting mobile phones to PC with
appropriate cables.

I'm interested in GSM modems (only to send SMS - other
services like MMS are of no interest to me).

* Has anyone some experiences with that concept?
I have developed services that run on PalmOS devices and communicate to
our servers via a SMS phone. This is not the architecture you are interested
in, but it also works over serial communication and the same extended AT
command set (GSM 07.05).
(Cf. www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/ ~holz/Vorlesung/HS/ETSI_705v500.pdf)
* Can you advice me some model?
We are using a Siemens GSM device, which seems to do its job (I'm not
directly involved), but I can't tell you the exact model (I'm writing this
from home).

{smallsort}

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

>* Can you advice me some model?

We are using a Siemens GSM device, which seems to do its job (I'm
not
directly involved), but I can't tell you the exact model (I'm
writing this
from home).
Yes, I'm interested in the model. Today, there are a great
variety of models which can do much more than I need.
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

I want to programmaticaly send SMS messages from my
PC to mobile phones. I'm not interested in sending specially
formated e-mails to mobile provider which later sends SMS,
nor I'm interested in connecting mobile phones to PC with
appropriate cables.
Sounds like you need to use something like PageGate. Your software can pass the
message to PageGate and PageGate will handle the sending. See
www.notepage.net/pagegate.htm
All best,
Bill Richardson

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
>>* Can you advice me some model?
>
>We are using a Siemens GSM device, which seems to do its job (I'm not
>directly involved), but I can't tell you the exact model (I'm writing
>this from home).

Yes, I'm interested in the model. Today, there are a great
variety of models which can do much more than I need.
I have found out now. We are using a Siemens TC35i.

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

Thomas Maeder [TeamB] wrote
>Yes, I'm interested in the model. Today, there are a great
>variety of models which can do much more than I need.

I have found out now. We are using a Siemens TC35i.
My applogies Thomas,
I was completely forgotten this thread. Thanks for the model
ID you gave me. I succeded to get some *internal* docs for
this device from a gay which works at Siemens.
Best regards,
Vladimir Stefanovic

Re:Send SMS from PC to mobile phone ...

"Vladimir Stefanovic" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I succeded to get some *internal* docs for
this device from a gay which works at Siemens.
Please check the position of the vowels on your keyboard. :-)