Different prices Europe/US

2005-11-25 05:10:59 PM
cppbuilder84
Why does Borland charge 20% more for C++ Builder 2006 for european
customers? This is typical for many products, but still a bit annoying. Are
european customers deemed second-rate, or perhaps US companies think
europeans have more purchasing power?
Even with the 15% discount, my price is more than what US customers will pay
after the discount ends. Maybe you find this fair. I do not.
I am massaging my boss to get acceptance for buying a few licences, and
every Euro counts!
Morten Espeland

Re:Different prices Europe/US

You don´t mention VAT. Did you compare VAT-less prices in Europe to the US
prices?
"Morten Espeland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
Why does Borland charge 20% more for C++ Builder 2006 for european
customers? This is typical for many products, but still a bit annoying.
Are
european customers deemed second-rate, or perhaps US companies think
europeans have more purchasing power?
Even with the 15% discount, my price is more than what US customers will
pay
after the discount ends. Maybe you find this fair. I do not.

I am massaging my boss to get acceptance for buying a few licences, and
every Euro counts!

Morten Espeland

Re:Different prices Europe/US

Of course.
In the Czech Republic, the prices are even 40% higher than US prices.
PavelS
"Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com>píše v diskusním příspěvku

news:4386d4ab$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Why does Borland charge 20% more for C++ Builder 2006 for european
>customers? This is typical for many products, but still a bit annoying.
>Are
>european customers deemed second-rate, or perhaps US companies think
>europeans have more purchasing power?
>Even with the 15% discount, my price is more than what US customers will
>pay
>after the discount ends. Maybe you find this fair. I do not.
>
>I am massaging my boss to get acceptance for buying a few licences, and
>every Euro counts!
>
>Morten Espeland

{smallsort}

Goran Ekstrom wrote:
You don´t mention VAT. Did you compare VAT-less prices in Europe to the US
prices?
In europe, companies get a refund on VAT if the purchase is used for
"production". If they provide their VAT account number, they even don't
have to pay it upfront.

Re:Different prices Europe/US

ices VAT included? If so, the difference is even greater.
Companies normally get a refund for VAT. Is the same true for the US?
Morten
"Goran Ekstrom" <goek!removeantispam!@telia.com>wrote in message
You don´t mention VAT. Did you compare VAT-less prices in Europe to the US
prices?

"Morten Espeland" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >skrev i meddelandet
news:4386d4ab$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Why does Borland charge 20% more for C++ Builder 2006 for european
>customers? This is typical for many products, but still a bit annoying.
>Are
>european customers deemed second-rate, or perhaps US companies think
>europeans have more purchasing power?
>Even with the 15% discount, my price is more than what US customers will
>pay
>after the discount ends. Maybe you find this fair. I do not.
>
>I am massaging my boss to get acceptance for buying a few licences, and
>every Euro counts!
>
>Morten Espeland

Re:Different prices Europe/US

The US does not have VAT.
. Ed
Morten Espeland wrote in message
news:4388b296$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

ices VAT included? If so, the difference is even greater.
Companies normally get a refund for VAT. Is the same true for the US?

Re:Different prices Europe/US

Is the Euro price the same as the Dollar price, is that it ?
Indeed, because of the weak Dollar, European versions would then cost about
15% more.
www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.html

XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
message news:4389e7b1$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Is the Euro price the same as the Dollar price, is that it ?
Indeed, because of the weak Dollar, European versions would then cost
about
15% more.
www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/USD/graph120.html
Yes, that's it. The exchange rates between Dollar and Euro have been the
same for a long time, so this is not 'an accident' from Borland. Btw, I got
permission to buy one upgrade license.
Morten