Another BCB5 -> BCB2007 problem

2007-08-07 02:19:00 AM
cppbuilder102
OK, I've just noticed something...
Bear in mind this is same code base, compiled under the two different
compilers (BCB5 and BCB2007).
I have 'mainform' calling 'secondform'.
If I have other programs running (for example, a web browser), and use
my BCB5 version of the program, 'mainform' calls 'secondform', and when
done, I'm back to 'mainform'.
If I use the BCB2007 version, when 'secondform' closes, 'mainform' is
now dropped to the background, and my browser is the 'focused
application'. I have to alt-tab to get to my 'mainform' program.
What's going on? Any clues? Why would my application suddenly drop to
the background when a form is closed?
Bear in mind that while the source files are the same, the project file
was 'recreated' from scratch -- so if there are any project options that
would have a bearing on this, chime in...
David Erbas-White

Re:Another BCB5 -> BCB2007 problem

David Erbas-White wrote:

Bear in mind that while the source files are the same, the project file
was 'recreated' from scratch -- so if there are any project options that
would have a bearing on this, chime in...
I think there were changes made to accommodate Vista's handling of the
taskbar icons. That may have contributed to the behavior you see.

Alex Bakaev [TeamB] wrote:
David Erbas-White wrote:

>Bear in mind that while the source files are the same, the project
>file was 'recreated' from scratch -- so if there are any project
>options that would have a bearing on this, chime in...

I think there were changes made to accommodate Vista's handling of the
taskbar icons. That may have contributed to the behavior you see.
And one would find documentation of these changes... where? (okay, I
admit it, it's a rhetorical question...)
David Erbas-White

{smallsort}