tlib gpf

2005-11-29 02:02:36 AM
cppbuilder1
Hi.
I'm not sure what to do, and I can't find similar issues.
I know this is ancient but..
tlib mylib.lib, mylib.lst results in a gpf in XP and on an old Windows
2000 machine on a given library that builds fine in the ide.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here? Is something somehow
too big or what?
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff Kish

Re:tlib gpf

Try this:
Find tlib.exe in Windows Explorer.
Right click its icon
Select Properties from the popup menu
Click the Compatiblity tab
Set it to Windows 95
. Ed
Jeff Kish wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I'm not sure what to do, and I can't find similar issues.
I know this is ancient but..
tlib mylib.lib, mylib.lst results in a gpf in XP and on an old Windows
2000 machine on a given library that builds fine in the ide.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here? Is something
somehow too big or what?

Re:tlib gpf

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:51:00 -0500, "Ed Mulroy"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Try this:

Find tlib.exe in Windows Explorer.
Right click its icon
Select Properties from the popup menu
Click the Compatiblity tab
Set it to Windows 95

. Ed

>Jeff Kish wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I'm not sure what to do, and I can't find similar issues.
>I know this is ancient but..
>tlib mylib.lib, mylib.lst results in a gpf in XP and on an old Windows
>2000 machine on a given library that builds fine in the ide.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here? Is something
>somehow too big or what?

Alas, no luck.
This is a dll library from a bc5.02 dll produced by the ide.
It should work shouldn't it?
Thanks again
Jeff Kish

{smallsort}

< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Try this:

Find tlib.exe in Windows Explorer.
Right click its icon
Select Properties from the popup menu
Click the Compatiblity tab
Set it to Windows 95

. Ed

>Jeff Kish wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I'm not sure what to do, and I can't find similar issues.
>I know this is ancient but..
>tlib mylib.lib, mylib.lst results in a gpf in XP and on an old Windows
>2000 machine on a given library that builds fine in the ide.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on what to do here? Is something
>somehow too big or what?

Is there some other way I can see if a method is being built
correctly?
I have a dll, and haven't modififed it in years.
I'm trying, fool that I am, to add a function for export in it.
I am trying to figure out if the #define is possibly getting 'undone'
somewhere in the depths of things.
I don't see a way to output a warning if it is..
I have this header:
================
dllexpimpdefine.h
#ifndef DLLEXPIMPDEFINE_H
#define DLLEXPIMPDEFINE_H
#if defined MMIIDBIDLL
#define DBIDLLEX{*word*210}__export
#elif defined MMIIDLLIMPORT
#define DBIDLLEX{*word*210}__import
#else
#define DBIDLLEXPIMP
#endif
#endif DLLEXPIMPDEFINE_H
=========================
and this function in the cpp:
int DGetGotoHotspotInfo(int nAnnotationType, char * pDocName,
vAITStringPair vGotoHotspots)
{
========================
and this in the header included by app and dll
int DBIDLLEX{*word*210}DGetGotoHotspotInfo(int nAnnotationType, char *
pDocName, vAITStringPair & vGotoHotspots);
========================
Jeff Kish

Re:tlib gpf

Well, tlib would not have shown much beyond the public symbols. You could
get that information and some more by using tdump. It might be easiest if
redirected to an to a file as in:
tdump LibName.lib>libname.dmp
. Ed
Jeff Kish wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

[...]

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:25:49 -0500, "Ed Mulroy"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Well, tlib would not have shown much beyond the public symbols. You could
get that information and some more by using tdump. It might be easiest if
redirected to an to a file as in:

tdump LibName.lib>libname.dmp

. Ed

<snip>
Well, publics are what I'm looking for..
for some reason (probably idiotic, but I am not sure) some functions
are not showing up as being exported.
When I do tdump, I don't know how to tell if the symbols are exported
correctly.
Is there a way to do that with tdump?
Thanks
Jeff Kish

Re:tlib gpf

Sorry.. i read the docs.. just a bit frustrated here.
appreciate your help..
When I do tdump, I don't know how to tell if the symbols are exported
correctly.
Is there a way to do that with tdump?

Thanks
Jeff Kish
Jeff Kish

Re:tlib gpf

".. just a bit frustrated here."
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Here's hoping that things begin to improve for you.
. Ed
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...