How to hide a published property?

2004-01-09 07:20:02 PM
cppbuilder36
I want to hide a property of my component that is __published in the
antecesor component.
Is it possible?
For instant:
I write a component that derive from TEdit. But i dont want that the
property Width will appear in the object inspector.

Re:How to hide a published property?

Francisco Villa Rodríguez wrote:
I want to hide a property of my component that is __published in the
antecesor component.
Is it possible?

For instant:
I write a component that derive from TEdit. But i dont want that the
property Width will appear in the object inspector.

Yes it' possible if u overwrite the ancester property...
there it is an exemple of what u should do.
This will hide the DefaultColWidth of a TStringGrid Component
//Property DefaultColWidth HIDE
__property int DefaultColWidth = {read = GetDefaultColWidth};
by anibal|fernandes (trigenius)
--
-- // --
andre|bras

Re:How to hide a published property?

Register a nil property editor. This is still a published property, but the OI
won't show it.
"Francisco Villa Rodríguez" wrote:

I want to hide a property of my component that is __published in the
antecesor component.
Is it possible?

For instant:
I write a component that derive from TEdit. But i dont want that the
property Width will appear in the object inspector.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line. Just a

{smallsort}

Re:How to hide a published property?

Read only properties can be displayed in the OI in BCB6.