Re: Porting Delphi HID Component to C++Builder 5 - made progress

2004-08-06 04:56:28 AM
cppbuilder97
OBones < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
This component is available in the JVCL 3 as Robert Marquardt is a
developer in this library. The JVCL 3 compiles under C++ Builder 5.
Is JVCL 3 stable? I actually downloaded and installed the last stable version 2.10. The readme said it supported Delphi 5-7. Is JVCL 3.0 stable enough to go into production software? I usually try to avoid beta components for production code. I'd much rather use something you've debugged than something I hacked until it worked.
Thanks,
Chris Gutierrez
email: gcgutier (at) hotmail (dot) com
www.chrisgutierrez.org

Re:Re: Porting Delphi HID Component to C++Builder 5 - made progress

Should you require any help, please ask your question on the JVCL
newsgroup here:

I've also subscribed to this newsgroup. If I get stuck again, I'll post my
questions there. Thanks for letting me know where the active developers are reading.
Cheers,

Chris Gutierrez wrote:
OBones < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>This component is available in the JVCL 3 as Robert Marquardt is a
>developer in this library. The JVCL 3 compiles under C++ Builder 5.

Is JVCL 3 stable? I actually downloaded and installed the last stable version 2.10. The readme said it supported Delphi 5-7. Is JVCL 3.0 stable enough to go into production software? I usually try to avoid beta components for production code. I'd much rather use something you've debugged than something I hacked until it worked.

JVCL3 is way more stable than the JVCL 2.10 even if it is marked beta.
It is marked as such mostly because of the lack of help file (the source
is here, though). And contrary to the 2.10, v3 has actually been tested
for compliance with BCB5 and BCB6. As such, it is not something that has
not been debugged and that you would have to hack into.
But I understand your concerns about "beta" software, just let me say
that in this case, the "beta" doesn't mean "unifinished and untested".
Cheers
Olivier Sannier
JVCL Developer

{smallsort}

OBones < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
JVCL3 is way more stable than the JVCL 2.10 even if it is marked beta.
It is marked as such mostly because of the lack of help file (the source
is here, though). And contrary to the 2.10, v3 has actually been tested
for compliance with BCB5 and BCB6. As such, it is not something that has
not been debugged and that you would have to hack into.

Cheers

Olivier Sannier
JVCL Developer
Olivier,
Thanks SO MUCH for your help... I really, really appreciate it.
I will use JVCL 3.