Defining user friendly package names

2006-01-15 05:23:44 PM
cppbuilder59
Hi:
Can anyone help me in finding where I put the user friendly name of a
package so when it is installed in the IDE this user friendly name
appears in the Packages list instead of the physical package name?
I have seen under the Linker options ->PE File Options ->Set image
description, which is checked and a name has been introduced, but this
never shows up when you go to the Packages option, just the physical
package name.
Any help would be appreciated,
Martin Hart.
P.S. Sorry for the cross post, but I thought this group might be more
appropriate.

Re:Defining user friendly package names

"Martin Hart Turner" <"martin _dot_ hartturner _at_ gmail.com">wrote in
message news:43ca1406$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi:

Can anyone help me in finding where I put the user friendly name of a
package so when it is installed in the IDE this user friendly name
appears in the Packages list instead of the physical package name?

I have seen under the Linker options ->PE File Options ->Set image
description, which is checked and a name has been introduced, but this
never shows up when you go to the Packages option, just the physical
package name.
This looks like a bug. You are using the correct option, it just isn't being
sent to the linker.
The work around is to go to Linker->Other options->Additional options and
type -D"Friendly comment"
Stewart