by pass password username

2005-03-07 09:18:32 AM
cppbuilder4
I am using BCB5 connecting to a MySQL DB on a windows XP box. I would like
to know if there is a way or method to connect to the database without the
user having to see the UserName Password Prompt window.
I think there was a way to do this with TDataBase but I cannot recall how.
Thx
Vitaquosus

Re:by pass password username

Actually there is.
1. set the 'login prompt' boolean property to false.
2. Add 2 (text) parameters. E.g. :
USER NAME=root
PASSWORD=secret
Hope it helps,