Linker Fatal Error

2003-11-17 09:32:12 PM
cppbuilder63
Help!
How can I solve this? I am using BCB6 and DAGSTD60.LIB, but I am getting
this error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'DAGSTD50.LIB'
How can I remove this?
Thx in advance!
Borut
Slovenia

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Borut Sustar wrote:
Help!

How can I solve this? I am using BCB6 and DAGSTD60.LIB, but I am getting
this error:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'DAGSTD50.LIB'

How can I remove this?

Thx in advance!
Borut
Slovenia

Find a reference to DAGSTD50.lib in the incriminated package and replace
it by the correct version.

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Hi!!
I've BcB6, I've opened a new project if i don't save nothing when i run the
form all it's OK, when i save all the files of the project and i try to run
the form (nothing inside) i've this message:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Expected a file name:
Someone can help me??
Thanks in advance
Bye
Pietro

{smallsort}

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Pietro,
If the path to your project contains any non-alphanumeric characters, such
as a "+", you'll need to remove them.
-- YH --

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Using C++ builder 6, today --of all days-- i am getting an error message [Linker Fatal Error]: Expected file name. I checked my Environment Variables then re-installed, still the same problem. The only thing changing on my system is the new installation of NetBeans 4.1 (Last night) Can someone point me to the right place and/or tell me what am i missing here? Thanks in advance.

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Mark wrote:
Using C++ builder 6, today --of all days-- i am getting an error message [Linker Fatal Error]: Expected file name. I checked my Environment Variables then re-installed, still the same problem. The only thing changing on my system is the new installation of NetBeans 4.1 (Last night) Can someone point me to the right place and/or tell me what am i missing here? Thanks in advance.
Wrong group.
You posted here in borlandcpp, a product that preceeded the Builder
series.
You should ask again in a group with cppbuilder in it's name.
Perhaps cppbuilder.ide
I can only think of 2 reasons for "Expected file name" problems.
Either you forgot to list the file, or the file name includes an
invalid path or character, such as space or + without surrounding "".
If that's not it, the folks over in the ide group should better be
able to help as most of them have actually seen the product.

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Hi All,
My notebook crashed and had to be reloaded.
Now when i compile my project i get the error below:
[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'BCB2003AXSERVER50.LIB'
Can anyone tell me what I need to install to get this file back.
Thanks Regards Bernie

Re:Linker Fatal Error

I do not recognize that name. I sounds as if the file containing that name
was corrupted, possibly by having one or more backslashes deleted.
A directory search on my machine shows no name resembling that no matter
what extension. Of course if you loaded some 3rd party programs or
libraries then you should check them for the name.
. Ed
Bernie Steiert wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
Hi All,

My notebook crashed and had to be reloaded.
Now when i compile my project i get the error below:

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'BCB2003AXSERVER50.LIB'

Can anyone tell me what I need to install to get this file back.

Re:Linker Fatal Error

Thanks Ed,
I think its a library for MS Office.
When I do a directory search I can find 'BCB97AXSERVER50.LIB' and
'BCB2KAXSERVER50.LIB'
But cant remember loading a 2003 version and from where.
That will teach me for not writing things down.
I cant find the code where it references to this file.
Regards Bernie
"Bernie Steiert" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hi All,

My notebook crashed and had to be reloaded.
Now when i compile my project i get the error below:

[Linker Fatal Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'BCB2003AXSERVER50.LIB'

Can anyone tell me what I need to install to get this file back.

Thanks Regards Bernie

Re:Linker Fatal Error

It seems that my directory search wasn't done in the best way. Looking
again I found both the '97' and '2K' versions of those files on my drive. I
did not find a '2003' version.