New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

2007-01-29 02:32:32 AM
cppbuilder19
I have uploaded a new development snapshot to
andy.jgknet.de/cpp/snapshots/
This time the snapshot comes with the full package so you can simply start
the installer instead of copying around single files.
Changes from bcc32pch 2.7 to the current development snapshot:
- The "Abort" button has not worked when local project file options were
used
- Compiler initialization took very long under BDS 2006
- Added Progressbar for dependency checks.
- Multimonitor support for the compile progress dialog (not for BCB 5)
- User defined bcc32.exe and ilink32.exe failed if they where quoted.
- Empty "-l" parameter was specified under BCB 5/6 when the Bpi/Lib output
directory was empty
- bcc32pch couldn't handle UNC paths
- "Execute after ..." was executed if you compiled one file (Alt+F9)
- BCB 5/6 could not use precompiled headers when the $(BCB) macro was used
in the filename
- The external linker used wrong library files for console application in
BDS 2006
- Parameters in "Execute after ..." were wrong. The application name was
inserted as first parameter.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Hi,
I use it in BCB5 but I get the following message.
"Error reading FormBcc32PchCompileDlg->DesignSize:Property does not exist"
Regards,
Eric Yang

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
I have uploaded a new development snapshot to
andy.jgknet.de/cpp/snapshots/
This time the snapshot comes with the full package so you can simply start
the installer instead of copying around single files.

Changes from bcc32pch 2.7 to the current development snapshot:

- The "Abort" button has not worked when local project file options were
used
- Empty "-l" parameter was specified under BCB 5/6 when the Bpi/Lib output
directory was empty
I've tested with the CB6 and ulink, now it's working fine, many thanks!

{smallsort}

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

DotNetTest wrote:
I use it in BCB5 but I get the following message.
"Error reading FormBcc32PchCompileDlg->DesignSize:Property does not
exist"
Everytime the same. BCB 5 is simply too old and doesn't support the DFM
files that Delphi 6 and BDS 2006 create.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
DotNetTest wrote:

>I use it in BCB5 but I get the following message.
>"Error reading FormBcc32PchCompileDlg->DesignSize:Property does not
>exist"

Everytime the same. BCB 5 is simply too old and doesn't support the DFM
files that Delphi 6 and BDS 2006 create.

yeps... same for me.
I think it's time to move to BCB6 :p

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

There is now an updated version that fixes the BCB 5 problem (and some
other things)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

BTW: You meight experience a slightly compilation speed improvement. That
is because I have found new ways of optimizing the compiler.
But because these optimizations aren't optimized for specific CPUs yet,
there is the possibility that they meight slow down the compilation
process on your computer.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Hi,
I try this version and BCB5 "Error reading
FormBcc32PchCompileDlg->DesignSize:Property does not exist" message
disappear. Thank you very much.
Another question, I find the "Resource DLL" (multi language resource dll)
can't link properly in BCB5.
Regards
Eric Yang
"Andreas Hausladen" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????:45be5e35$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Vladimir wrote:
Andreas Hausladen wrote:
>I have uploaded a new development snapshot to
>andy.jgknet.de/cpp/snapshots/
>This time the snapshot comes with the full package so you can simply
>start
>the installer instead of copying around single files.
>

>Changes from bcc32pch 2.7 to the current development snapshot:
>
>- The "Abort" button has not worked when local project file options were
>used
>- Empty "-l" parameter was specified under BCB 5/6 when the Bpi/Lib
>output
>directory was empty
I've tested with the CB6 and ulink, now it's working fine, many thanks!
But I met other problem with ulink, I couldn't link the project with STL
headers (<set>and <string>) included.

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Vladimir wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
>Andreas Hausladen wrote:
>>I have uploaded a new development snapshot to
>>andy.jgknet.de/cpp/snapshots/
>>This time the snapshot comes with the full package so you can simply
>>start
>>the installer instead of copying around single files.
>>

>>Changes from bcc32pch 2.7 to the current development snapshot:
>>
>>- The "Abort" button has not worked when local project file options were
>>used
>>- Empty "-l" parameter was specified under BCB 5/6 when the Bpi/Lib
>>output
>>directory was empty
>I've tested with the CB6 and ulink, now it's working fine, many thanks!
But I met other problem with ulink, I couldn't link the project with STL
headers (<set>and <string>) included.
The error message is:
Invalid library stlpmti.lib

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Hello Andreas,
with the new version, I can link with ulink, but at closing BCB6 (with
Delphi Speedup 1.9) I got 17 times "Die Anweisung in "0x4043d92" verweist
auf Speicher in "0x0531c8a0". Der Vorgang read konnte nicht auf dem Speicher
durchgeführt werden" and after this "Runtime error 216 at 04043D92".
Wirh Delphi Speedup 2.3 this does not happen, but there is still
"Unbekannter Softwarefehler (0x0eedfade) an der Stelle 0x77e7ae1" and
"runtime error 217 at 4001529E" when closing BCB
Harald

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Harald Plontke wrote:
Hello Andreas,

with the new version, I can link with ulink, but at closing BCB6 (with
Delphi Speedup 1.9) I got 17 times "Die Anweisung in "0x4043d92" verweist
auf Speicher in "0x0531c8a0". Der Vorgang read konnte nicht auf dem Speicher
durchgeführt werden" and after this "Runtime error 216 at 04043D92".
Wirh Delphi Speedup 2.3 this does not happen, but there is still
"Unbekannter Softwarefehler (0x0eedfade) an der Stelle 0x77e7ae1" and
"runtime error 217 at 4001529E" when closing BCB
I get the same errors with BCB6. I do not have Delphi Speedup installed
and I do not use ulink, only bcc32pch 2.7. It started with with the
first snapshot release.
Carsten

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

I do not get any exception/runtime error when closing BCB6.
What other plugins and component packages do you have installed? Maybe
one of them is in conflict with DelphiSpeedUp or bcc32pch.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
I do not get any exception/runtime error when closing BCB6.

What other plugins and component packages do you have installed? Maybe
one of them is in conflict with DelphiSpeedUp or bcc32pch.
I have your DDevExtensions 1.3 installed and also the TsiLang
Components. Beside from that nothing special. I will try to experiement
at bit further, but it is definitly the same problem that Harald has, I
counted 17 errors as well.
It does not not happen, if you simply start and close BCB6. You have to
run a program before closing it.
Carsten

Re:New bcc32pch 2.7+ snapshot

Hello Andreas,
I have your DDevExtensions 1.3, TColorButton, TDBValComboBox, TQRMyImage,
TSelectComboBox, Novar TEvent_protocol and Corelab oracle driver components.
After removing them one by one, the error remains. When using the delphi
speedup 2.3 I said, that it does not happen. This is only when I just open
and close BDB. If I start a program, the errors appear also.
With delphi Speedup 2.3 I get after this also "Unbekannter Softwarefehler
(0x0eedfade) an der Stelle 0x77e7ae1" and "runtime error 217 at 4001529E"
Are you thinking about "removing the timer which brings the detailed message
pane on top"?
Harald