Connecting to my home computer from internet

2005-10-15 10:11:27 PM
cppbuilder22
My home computers are connected to my wireless router which is connected to
a ADSL modem. All computers receive their IP addresses (192.168.2.xx) from
HCTP server in the wireless router.
I wrote very simple TCP/IP and UDP client server applications. They are
working fine in my home network.
How can I access my servers (my individual home computers) from internet?
Thanks,
Octavia Rivero

Re:Connecting to my home computer from internet

Octavia Rivero wrote:
My home computers are connected to my wireless router which is connected to
a ADSL modem. All computers receive their IP addresses (192.168.2.xx) from
HCTP server in the wireless router.

I wrote very simple TCP/IP and UDP client server applications. They are
working fine in my home network.

How can I access my servers (my individual home computers) from internet?
First: yYou have to know your internet IP address. In your case it is
the internet IP address of your router. You can find out by clicking
one of of the following links:
whatismyip.com
checkip.dyndns.org
www.betteripaddress.com
Second: You have to configure your router in such a way that it forwards
UDP requests on port (exemples) 12345 to 192.168.2.3 and port 12345. (Assuming
that your server runs on the computer with local ip 192.168.2.3 and is
listening on port 12345).
Clients connect to the internet address and port 12345.
Hans.