Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0

2005-04-30 10:07:22 PM
cppbuilder56
Nirvana wrote in Article <42738a09$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
with Subject: Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0, on 30.04.2005 15:37:11

Hi All,
I'm trying to install Indy indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0. I'm following the
steps given in www.indyproject.org/KB/ ->Borland C++ Builder
Installation ->How do I install Indy into Borland C++ Builder?
I can't find any *.Bat files anywhere in the unzipped indy9.0.18_source.
Hello,
there must be a FULLC6.BAT inside the zip, download from:
www.projectindy.org/download/Files/Indy9.iwp
Before you install Indy9 you have to remove all Indy8 Files
from your BCB6 Installation completly.
Regards
Elmar Baumann
Indy9 NNTP Internet News Reader/Writer, E. Baumann Software 2005
Portions of this Software are Copyright (c) 1993 - 2005,
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew
<www.IndyProject.org/>

Re:Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0

Nirvana wrote in Article <4273fd1d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
with Subject: Re: Re. Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0, on 30.04.2005 23:48:14

Hi Elmar,
I downloaded Snapshot version from FTP but while installing it's giving
error.

I extracted the Indy9.zip file in a folder and then ran the FULLC6.BAT.
It created a folder C6.
Thats OK.

I followed all the steps as given in Knowledge base. Then from BCB
Component->Component->Install Package->Add
I pointed to the C6 folder to find the dclIndy60.bpl
Thats OK

"Entry Point Not found
BCB6 is shipped with Indy8, it is not completly removed from your Machine,
that is it what raised the Error.
Any thought what's going wrong ?
Remove all old Indy8 Files first, use your Explorer-Search Function from Windows
and list all "indy" - "indy8" Files to delete them. Then start FULLC6.BAT and try it
again.
Regards
Elmar Baumann
Indy9 NNTP Internet News Reader/Writer, E. Baumann Software 2005
Portions of this Software are Copyright (c) 1993 - 2005,
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew
<www.IndyProject.org/>

Re:Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0

Tx Elmar,
It seems I finally managed to install it without any error.
cheers
Nirvana
Elmar Baumann wrote:
>Nirvana wrote in Article <4273fd1d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
>with Subject: Re: Re. Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0, on 30.04.2005 23:48:14
>

>Hi Elmar,
>I downloaded Snapshot version from FTP but while installing it's giving
>error.
>
>I extracted the Indy9.zip file in a folder and then ran the FULLC6.BAT.
>It created a folder C6.

Thats OK.

>I followed all the steps as given in Knowledge base. Then from BCB
>Component->Component->Install Package->Add
>I pointed to the C6 folder to find the dclIndy60.bpl

Thats OK

>"Entry Point Not found

BCB6 is shipped with Indy8, it is not completly removed from your Machine,
that is it what raised the Error.

>Any thought what's going wrong ?

Remove all old Indy8 Files first, use your Explorer-Search Function from Windows
and list all "indy" - "indy8" Files to delete them. Then start FULLC6.BAT and try it
again.

Regards

Elmar Baumann

Indy9 NNTP Internet News Reader/Writer, E. Baumann Software 2005

Portions of this Software are Copyright (c) 1993 - 2005,
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) and the Indy Pit Crew
<www.IndyProject.org/>

{smallsort}

Nirvana wrote:
Tx Elmar,
It seems I finally managed to install it without any error.

cheers
Nirvana

Can You please tell which files exactly needed to be removed?
I have installed Indy 9.0.14 on bcb but if i follow the exact
same steps for any other version i get the entry point error.

Re:Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0

qyte wrote in Article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
with Subject: Re: Re. Installing indy9.0.18 with BCB 6.0, on 03.05.2005 10:26:19

Can You please tell which files exactly needed to be removed?
I have installed Indy 9.0.14 on bcb but if i follow the exact
same steps for any other version i get the entry point error.
If you have 9.0.14 installed, it could be the
"indy60.bpl" stored in Windows/system32.
Delete it before you run fullC6.bat and try it again -
otherwise you have also old indy8 Files on your Machine.