Connection database MS Access

2003-11-26 01:07:46 AM
cppbuilder1
How make a connection to a database in access??
But, not with components, mannualy!!!
Please, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nilton Nascimento

Re:Connection database MS Access

MS Access, I think, should have an API like Oracle (oci.dll) which has functions that allow you to connect and run queries on the database. How about check MSDN ?
HTH
Jayme.
"Nilton Nascimento" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:3fc38c84$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
How make a connection to a database in access??
But, not with components, mannualy!!!

Please, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nilton Nascimento

Re:Connection database MS Access

Hello Jayme,
Have you tried using the TTable, TDataSource and the TDBNavigator. Set your
TDataSource "DataSet" to the TTable. Set your TTable's "DatabaseName" to the
Database Alias that you should have created in your operating systems
administrative options. Set the TTable's "TableName" property to the name of
the table in your database that you wish to use. Finally, you can set your
TDBNavigator "DataSource" to TTable.
After you have done all of this, you can use the Data Controls Menu to
place objects that may be set to individual fields within your table. Just
place your cursor over the TTable Icon and right-click. Select the TFields
editor. Add the fields of your database to the fields editor and then you
can simply drag them to your form and the compiler will do the rest of the
hard work for you.
I hope that this helps a bit. Good Luck!
Sean
"Jayme Jeffman Filho" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
MS Access, I think, should have an API like Oracle (oci.dll) which has
functions that allow you to connect and run queries on the database. How
about check MSDN ?
HTH
Jayme.
"Nilton Nascimento" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
How make a connection to a database in access??
But, not with components, mannualy!!!

Please, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nilton Nascimento

{smallsort}

Re:Connection database MS Access

Hello William,
I'm sorry, Nilton Nascimento is looking for a connection to MSAccess without components and you are suggesting the use of BDE components.
Best regards.
Jayme.

news:3fc397f9$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...