Upgrade cbuilder 6 personal to BDS2006?

2006-02-08 07:38:51 PM
cppbuilder29
I asked Borland, but they could/would not help me. But does anybody know if
it is possible to upgrade from the personal version of cbuilder 6 to the
professional version of BDS2006?
Niek

Re:Upgrade cbuilder 6 personal to BDS2006?

Niek wrote:
I asked Borland, but they could/would not help me. But does anybody
know if it is possible to upgrade from the personal version of
cbuilder 6 to the professional version of BDS2006?
I won't give a definitive 'No!' but traditionally the Personal version
has not been eligible for upgrades - the aim was always to sell a price
low enough to induce new users, so there was never much of a margin to
cut for an upgrade.
I think there may be been some previous versions where the Personal
could be upgraded to the professional SKU of the same product, at a
reasonable discount, but no so much it would compete with buying just
for an upgrade!
I don't know the policy on BDS2006 though.
--
AlisdairM(TeamB)