Migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16

2003-11-11 08:23:25 AM
cppbuilder63
I am migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16
In my code I get the window handle using TDialog::HWindow
For example the following line of code work fine in WolNext 6.10
NotifyIconData.hWnd=TDialog::HWindow;
But with OwlNext 6.16 this gives me a "Undefine symbole HWindow"
Any clues?
--
Regis St-Gelais

Re:Migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16

"Regis St-Gelais" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >a écrit dans le
message de news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
I am migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16

In my code I get the window handle using TDialog::HWindow

For example the following line of code work fine in WolNext 6.10
NotifyIconData.hWnd=TDialog::HWindow;

But with OwlNext 6.16 this gives me a "Undefine symbole HWindow"

Any clues?

--
Ok, I replace TDialog::HWindow by GetHandle()
The base class is no longer avaliable??

Re:Migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16

Regis,
HWindow and Show( int ) are now declared obsolete.
// Obsolete member and function for Owl 2.x compatibility
Rejean
Ok, I replace TDialog::HWindow by GetHandle()
The base class is no longer avaliable??

Now that I can compile further, I have a TStatic object that I hide
programaticaly with ->Show(SW_HIDE)
but now I get Show is not a mamber of TStatic, ???

{smallsort}

Re:Migrating from OwlNext 6.10 to 6.16

Regis,

HWindow and Show( int ) are now declared obsolete.
// Obsolete member and function for Owl 2.x compatibility

As you already know, you shoul use GetHandle( ) to replace HWindow
and
you use ShowWindow( int ) to replace the use of Show( int );
Rejean