object tree view

2004-01-28 01:05:59 PM
cppbuilder91
Hi,
I have not been using the object tree view before, but when I took a look
there, there are like 700(!) components under (No category) and like 700
under ToolBars. What are these? They are greyed out so they don't look
active and when I click on one, there is no corresponding component on the
main form that is selected.
Is this normal? How can I get rid of them?
thanks
/totte

Re:object tree view

"Totte Karlsson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
[...] Is this normal?
Never heard of it before.
How can I get rid of them?
Select the first that you want to remove. Move to the last,
press (and hold) Shift and click to select a range that you
want removed. Then right click anywhere in the selected range.
Select Edit | Cut and just like Explorer, they're gone.
~ JD

Re:object tree view

Hi,
these items don't allow to be cut away. they are greyed and I don't know
honestly what to do with them?
Help!
/totte
"JD" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

"Totte Karlsson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>[...] Is this normal?

Never heard of it before.

>How can I get rid of them?

Select the first that you want to remove. Move to the last,
press (and hold) Shift and click to select a range that you
want removed. Then right click anywhere in the selected range.
Select Edit | Cut and just like Explorer, they're gone.

~ JD

{smallsort}

Re:object tree view

"TotteKarlsson" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
these items don't allow to be cut away. they are greyed
and I don't know honestly what to do with them?
What *exactly* are you seeing? Please provide an antual example. What are
some of the names and relationships?
Gambit

Re:object tree view

Hi,
Well I took some screen shots to clarify, see 2 jpg's at
www.codeschack.com/OtherImages/
These "Components" can't be deleted. I believe they came into the object
tree view a while ago, when I had a misbehaving package, that dynamically
created toolbars.
But how to remove them?
.totte

news:4020af26$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...