Speech to text program

2004-12-04 03:43:48 AM
cppbuilder60
Does anyone have any experience using the speech-to-text
sdk 5.1? I just downloaded it and i am reading the help file,
but i can't seem to get past this point.
From the help file
//*****************************************
#define _ATL_APARTMENT_THREADED
#include <atlbase.h>
//You may derive a class from CComModule and use it if you want to override
something,
//but do not change the name of _Module
extern CComModule _Module;
#include <atlcom.h>
//*****************************************
I added into my header
#include <atlbase.h>
#include <atlcom.h>
I added this line at the end of my header
extern CComModule _Module;
But i get a few errors in this file. atlcom.h
//*****************************************
_Module.Lock();
[C++ Error] atlcom.h(3053): E2451 Undefined symbol '_Module'
//*****************************************
I just want to create a simple program that speaks, and also allows me to
change the engines from Microsoft Sam, to Microsoft Mary etc.
Thanks for any help........
p.s. does anyone have a simple demo to upload?
Appreciate it.
Frank

Re:Speech to text program

Per the help example, the order is important:
#include <atlbase.h>
extern CComModule _Module;
#include <atlcom.h>
Regards,
Bruce

Re:Speech to text program

Thanks Bruce, that seemed to be pretty simple. I had just never
seen an extern at the beginning of a header before.
Frank
" Bruce Salzman" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Per the help example, the order is important:

#include <atlbase.h>
extern CComModule _Module;
#include <atlcom.h>

Regards,