Sql Allow Nulls ?

2005-03-05 04:07:46 AM
cppbuilder58
Hello,
I have a table in SQL server database many field is type char and allow
nulls not checked.
In my form i put DBEdit that connect to that field, now if delete data in
DBEdit and call post,
data accept and DBEdit fill with space, how can forbidden from fill data
with space and only
accept character that enter in DBEdit ?
Best Regards,
M.T

Re:Sql Allow Nulls ?

"Sasan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,
I have a table in SQL server database many field is type char and
allow nulls not checked.
In my form i put DBEdit that connect to that field, now if delete
data in DBEdit and call post,
data accept and DBEdit fill with space, how can forbidden from fill
data with space and only
accept character that enter in DBEdit ?

SQL specifies that a CHAR field is padded with spaces. Perhaps
VARCHAR?

Re:Sql Allow Nulls ?

Hello
Thanks i use varchar that is true but an problem is there
if a data in TDBEdit delete sql don't set field to null and save empty
string !
how can change this item ?
Best Regards,
M.T