Creating ActiveX control from VCL control?

Ok, I may be having a serious case of brain-lock, but I seem to be
having issues getting something that used to work in previous Delphi/C+
+Builder versions working again. What I need to do is create and
ActiveX control from a VCL control (specifically a C++ VCL control but
this also seems not to work in Delphi). Used to be you created an
ActiveX library, then did File->New->Other->ActiveX Control. This
would start a wizard that would let you choose the VCL control to base
the new OCX on. In Delphi/C++Builder 2007 (Enterprise on Vista), this
doesn't seem to be an option anymore. Creating a new ActiveX control
doesn't seem to be possible (only new ActiveX forms).
Am I royally confused, missing something or is this functionality
broken on my system for some reason? Any help would be appreciated.

Re:Creating ActiveX control from VCL control?

On Feb 26, 8:53 am, XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
Am I royally confused, missing something or is this functionality
broken on my system for some reason?  Any help would be appreciated.
Ok, apparently not so confused, but still a bit bewildered. There is
a QA issue on this at qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
from BDS 2006. Using the workaround technique there I can get the
Wizard back in both Delphi and C++Builder. In Delphi the code that is
generated seems to be valid but in C++Builder it doesn't compile and
also won't let me use as base a custom VCL control. Is there a reason
this wizard has been left out? This seems like important
functionality to me...