Board index » cppbuilder » Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Error loading MIDAS.DLL


2006-01-13 01:04:22 AM
cppbuilder108
Hi All,
After making some innocuous program changes in my application
it started displaying an "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" error
message when launching the app and when launching C++ Builder 6
which loads my app. My app employs components that use the
MIDAS DLL. The app launched successfully prior to these changes
that should have had no affect on MIDAS DLL issues. I believe
that the DLL is located in the correct place
(WINDOWS//SYSTEM32), but my IDE settings have been altered.
What must I do to reset the settings that restore access to the
MIDAS DLL?
Thank you,
Chris
 
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Hi All,
After making some innocuous program changes in my application
it started displaying an "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" error
message when launching the app and when launching C++ Builder 6
which loads my app. My app employs components that use the
MIDAS DLL. The app launched successfully prior to these changes
that should have had no affect on MIDAS DLL issues. I believe
that the DLL is located in the correct place
(WINDOWS//SYSTEM32), but my IDE settings have been altered.
What must I do to reset the settings that restore access to the
MIDAS DLL?
Thank you,
Chris
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Hi All,
After making some innocuous program changes in my application
it started displaying an "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" error
message when launching the app and when launching C++ Builder 6
which loads the app development files. My app employs omponents
that use the MIDAS DLL. The app launched successfully prior to
these changes that should have had no affect on MIDAS DLL issues. I believe that the DLL is located in the correct place
(WINDOWS//SYSTEM32), but my IDE settings have been altered.
What must I do to reset the settings that restore access to the
MIDAS DLL?
Thank you,
Chris
 

{smallsort}

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

I think it needs to be registered.
Call "REGSVR32 MIDAS.DLL" in the folder where midas.dll is now located.
HTH
-Hans-Arno
"Chris Rogers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Quote

Hi All,
After making some innocuous program changes in my application
it started displaying an "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" error
message when launching the app and when launching C++ Builder 6
which loads my app. My app employs components that use the
MIDAS DLL. The app launched successfully prior to these changes
that should have had no affect on MIDAS DLL issues. I believe
that the DLL is located in the correct place
(WINDOWS//SYSTEM32), but my IDE settings have been altered.
What must I do to reset the settings that restore access to the
MIDAS DLL?
Thank you,
Chris


 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Chris Rogers wrote:
Quote
Hi All,
After making some innocuous program changes in my application
it started displaying an "Error loading MIDAS.DLL" error
message when launching the app and when launching C++ Builder 6
which loads the app development files. My app employs omponents
that use the MIDAS DLL. The app launched successfully prior to
these changes that should have had no affect on MIDAS DLL issues. I believe that the DLL is located in the correct place
(WINDOWS//SYSTEM32), but my IDE settings have been altered.
What must I do to reset the settings that restore access to the
MIDAS DLL?
Thank you,
Chris

You can search form midas.dll in windows registry (regedit.exe) and
correct path to your current midas.dll
DM
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

I compiled an executable file via Delphi 2005, it works fine in my
computer(s). However, while installing on other computers (also running
Windows XP), an error was prompted:
"Error loading MIDAS.DLL"
As far as I know, I did not use such file. My Delphi executable was a
windows client, that sends web services to a server. it uses mybase as
database.
Please kindly advice.
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

MIDAS.DLL is the support library for TClientDataSet. If you are using
TClientDataSet you must deploy MIDAS.DLL or include the MidasLib unit
in your uses clause.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Jason wrote:
Quote
Thanks a lot Bill. Would you mind explaining "how" to deploy
MIDAS.DLL?
Windows searches for a DLL in the following locations in the order
given.
The current directory.
The Windows system directory.
The Windows directory.
The directories on the path.
I would either put it in the Windows\System32 directory or the
application's startup directory.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Thanks a lot Bill. Would you mind explaining "how" to deploy MIDAS.DLL?
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Quote
MIDAS.DLL is the support library for TClientDataSet. If you are using
TClientDataSet you must deploy MIDAS.DLL or include the MidasLib unit
in your uses clause.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Thanks a million! :-)
"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Quote
Jason wrote:

>Thanks a lot Bill. Would you mind explaining "how" to deploy
>MIDAS.DLL?

Windows searches for a DLL in the following locations in the order
given.

The current directory.
The Windows system directory.
The Windows directory.
The directories on the path.

I would either put it in the Windows\System32 directory or the
application's startup directory.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Jason wrote:
Quote
Thanks a million! :-)

"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news:43f4c7f2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Jason wrote:
>
>>Thanks a lot Bill. Would you mind explaining "how" to deploy
>>MIDAS.DLL?
>Windows searches for a DLL in the following locations in the order
>given.
>
>The current directory.
>The Windows system directory.
>The Windows directory.
>The directories on the path.
>
>I would either put it in the Windows\System32 directory or the
>application's startup directory.
>
>--
>Bill Todd (TeamB)


AS Bill also pointed out it is simpler to jsut statically link it in by outting
midaslib into your uses clause.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer,
cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for
insects. (RAH)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Hi there,
I had the same problem and eventually solved it by copying midas.dll to
System32. I would have preferred to add midaslib to the uses clause.
I've now done this.
My question is, how would one know to do this? Is this just one of those
'learn by experience' situations, or is there some clue somewhere
telling me about the potential problem (no midas.dll on client machines)
and the possible solutions (1/ deploy midas.dll, 2/ add midaslib to uses
clause of datamodule)?
Regards,
---=Laurie
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Quote
Jason wrote:
>Thanks a million! :-)
>
>"Bill Todd" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news:43f4c7f2$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Jason wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks a lot Bill. Would you mind explaining "how" to deploy
>>>MIDAS.DLL?
>>Windows searches for a DLL in the following locations in the order
>>given.
>>
>>The current directory.
>>The Windows system directory.
>>The Windows directory.
>>The directories on the path.
>>
>>I would either put it in the Windows\System32 directory or the
>>application's startup directory.
>>
>>--
>>Bill Todd (TeamB)
>
>

AS Bill also pointed out it is simpler to jsut statically link it in by
outting midaslib into your uses clause.


 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Hi there,
I saw the post from February with this title. Two solutions were
proposed, both work - copy the dll to system32 or add the 'uses
MidasLib' clause. I had the same problem and eventually solved it by
copying midas.dll to System32. I would have preferred to add midaslib to
the uses clause (for various reasons, mainly deployment).
I've now done this.
My question is, how would one know to do this? Is this just one of those
'learn by experience' situations, or is there some clue somewhere
telling me about the potential problem (no midas.dll on client machines)
and the possible solutions (1/ deploy midas.dll, 2/ add midaslib to uses
clause of datamodule)?
Or is it a RTFM type deal!? :-)
Regards,
---=Laurie
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Laurie McIntosh wrote:
Quote
Hi there,

I saw the post from February with this title. Two solutions were
proposed, both work - copy the dll to system32 or add the 'uses
MidasLib' clause. I had the same problem and eventually solved it by
copying midas.dll to System32. I would have preferred to add midaslib
to the uses clause (for various reasons, mainly deployment).

I've now done this.

My question is, how would one know to do this? Is this just one of
those 'learn by experience' situations, or is there some clue
somewhere telling me about the potential problem (no midas.dll on
client machines) and the possible solutions (1/ deploy midas.dll, 2/
add midaslib to uses clause of datamodule)?

Or is it a RTFM type deal!? :-)

Regards,

---=Laurie
For Delphi version through 7 this is covered in the Developer's Guide
and the on-line help. I have not looked at what is in the on-line help
for D2005 or D2006.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
 

Re:Error loading MIDAS.DLL

Hi Bill,
Quote

For Delphi version through 7 this is covered in the Developer's Guide
and the on-line help. I have not looked at what is in the on-line help
for D2005 or D2006.

Database applications that use client datasets such as TClientDataSet or
dataset providers require you to include midaslib.dcu (for static
linking when providing a stand-alone executable); if you are packaging
your application (with the executable and any needed DLLs), you need to
include Midas.dll.
--From the BDS2006 online help "Deploying Database Applications".
It WAS RTFM!
Thanks for pointing to it Bill
Regards,
---=L