BCB6 and Animations

2006-05-11 02:12:08 AM
cppbuilder114
We have a splash screen that has a small animation on it. For the animation
to work, several frames are loaded into the project and the image on the
splash screen are changed at the Tick of a Timer.
Does BCB6 have a way to support animated GIF images? It seems like a single
animated gif would be much simpler, or is it?

Re:BCB6 and Animations

"poojo hackma" <poojo.com/mail>wrote in message
Does BCB6 have a way to support animated GIF images?
Not natively, no. You need to use a third-party component/library for that.
Have a look around for Ander Melander's TGIFImage class. It is a TGraphic
class that integrates with TPicture, so it can be used with TImage, etc.
It seems like a single animated gif would be much simpler, or is it?
You could use an AVI file with the TAnimate component.
Gambit

Re:BCB6 and Animations

Hi Gambit,
I have located the GIFImage.pas file, but it looks like Ander Melander's web
site is no longer valid and the two examples I found of how to use it
(GifBlender.zip and GifBlender2.zip) are both contained within corrupt
files.
I'm not sure how to install this component. I looked into "Component |
Install Component", but from there I get a little unsure of myself: Should
it go under "Into existing package" or "Into new package?" And if I need to
install this into an existing package, which one?
No one here at work is certain, and I certainly don't want to damage my
version of Builder.

{smallsort}

Re:BCB6 and Animations

"poojo hackma" <poojo.com/mail>wrote in message
I'm not sure how to install this component.
Just install it like any other package, and then include gifimage.hpp into
your code.
Gambit