RichEdit & TImage

2006-11-20 01:04:34 AM
cppbuilder13
I would like to create a report and was thinking of using RichEdit with
Enabled = false.
But would this prevent the user from accessing the scrollbar?
Also, is it possible to put a TImage in the body of the RichEdit? If so,
how?
I would like to include formatting, pictures, and tables I would like to
preview them before printing. Are there better alternatives to using
RichEdit?
Thanks,
Roger

Re:RichEdit & TImage

Roger wrote:
Also, is it possible to put a TImage in the body of the RichEdit? If so,
how?

I would like to include formatting, pictures, and tables I would like to
preview them before printing. Are there better alternatives to using
RichEdit?
For all those questions, go to Robert Dunn's web site:
home.att.net/%7Erobertdunn/Yacs.html
Michel
Michel Leunen
mailto: see my homepage.
C++Builder, BCC5.5.1 Web site:
www.leunen.com/

Re:RichEdit & TImage

For all those questions, go to Robert Dunn's web site:
home.att.net/%7Erobertdunn/Yacs.html

Michel
Thanks Michel, that site looks great.

{smallsort}

Re:RichEdit & TImage

"Roger" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I would like to create a report and was thinking of using RichEdit with
Enabled = false.
But would this prevent the user from accessing the scrollbar?
Yes. Disabled controls cannot be scrolled.
Also, is it possible to put a TImage in the body of the RichEdit? If so,
how?
Yes, but not easiely. You cold technically set the TImage's Parent to be
the TRichEdit, but then you have to keep the TImage aligned with the text
manually. It would be better to embed the image directly into the TRichEdit
directly. You would have to use the IRichEditOle interface for that, which
is not trivial to use. Have a look at Robert Dunn's TRichEditOle wrapper
class at home.att.net/~robertdunn/Yacs.html.
Gambit