long compile error messages

2003-08-14 09:55:54 PM
cppbuilder83
Hello,
When I write code using the STL, error messages tend to be longer. Sometimes
they're so long I can't actually read them.
Is there a workaround? If only right clicking on the message showed it
completely, it would be nice.
Daniel

Re:long compile error messages

Daniel Daranas,
Is there a workaround? If only right clicking on the message showed it
completely, it would be nice.

A tool tip should appear if you simply hover the cursor over the
message. Having said that though my experience is that the longer
messages are not all that much use :)
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:long compile error messages

When I write code using the STL, error messages tend to be longer. Sometimes
they're so long I can't actually read them.

Is there a workaround? If only right clicking on the message showed it
completely, it would be nice.
I find Ctrl+C helpful. In Message Window Ctrl+C will copy the
current selected message (you can also select-all/copy). Then
you can Select an error | Copy | double-click to go to source |
Paste (temporarily) to see errror right next to the code.

{smallsort}

"Craig Farrell" wrote:
I find Ctrl+C helpful. In Message Window Ctrl+C will copy the
current selected message (you can also select-all/copy). Then
you can Select an error | Copy | double-click to go to source |
Paste (temporarily) to see errror right next to the code.
This is very handy, thanks!
Daniel