.NET Interoperability

2003-10-20 11:41:05 PM
cppbuilder30
On the box containing C++ Builder 6 is a sticker that states
".NET interoperability". Just what does that mean? Does that
mean Builder can write a .NET application?

Re:.NET Interoperability

Richard Casten wrote:
On the box containing C++ Builder 6 is a sticker that states
".NET interoperability".
Not sure.
Just what does that mean? Does that
mean Builder can write a .NET application?
No.
--
Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Re:.NET Interoperability

"Richard Casten" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
On the box containing C++ Builder 6 is a sticker that states
".NET interoperability".
My BCB6 box contains no such sticker.
Does that mean Builder can write a .NET application?
Doubtful.
Gambit

{smallsort}

Re:.NET Interoperability

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" wrote:
My BCB6 box contains no such sticker.
That's strange. I have C++ Builder 6 Professional.

>Does that mean Builder can write a .NET application?

Doubtful.
I somewhat expected that. The only mention in the document about
.NET in the Developer's Guide is a sentence that C++ Builder
provides support for clients of Web Services that use a Document
Literal style, and the Document Literal style is used in .Net Web
Services.

Gambit

Re:.NET Interoperability

"Richard Casten" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
That's strange. I have C++ Builder 6 Professional.
I have the Enterprise edition.
I somewhat expected that. The only mention in the document
about .NET in the Developer's Guide is a sentence that C++
Builder provides support for clients of Web Services that use a
Document Literal style, and the Document Literal style is used
in .Net Web Services.
That has nothing to do with .NET specifically. WebServices is a new feature
of BCB6, but it is not based on .NET, as far as I know, so why it makes such
a reference, I do not know.
Gambit