Sticky Keyboard

2003-11-22 10:27:21 PM
cppbuilder88
I am finding BCB6 sticky - often it goes off to do whatever and won't
respond to keyboard and mouse pointer actions for a second or two - or
longer sometimes. I turned off code completion and code parameters, to
no effect.
Also, when started up, BCB6 does not restore the IDE as I left it - the
project is opened, but not all the files I had open. Am I missing
something?
Thanks

Re:Sticky Keyboard

Hugh W Stewart wrote:
I am finding BCB6 sticky - often it goes off to do whatever and won't
respond to keyboard and mouse pointer actions for a second or two - or
longer sometimes. I turned off code completion and code parameters, to
no effect.
Looks like you have a sticky keyboard - you sent this message 6 times!-)
Did you turn off every option on the Code Insight tab as well? You can
make it more responsive if you rigorously follow Harold Howe's
pre-compiled header advice:
www.bcbdev.com/articles/pch.htm
Also, when started up, BCB6 does not restore the IDE as I left it - the
project is opened, but not all the files I had open. Am I missing
something?
Do you have Editor Files checked in the Tools->Environment Options,
Preferences tab, Autosave options?
--
Jonathan Arnold C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp

Re:Sticky Keyboard

My apologies - my email package said the message wasn't sent, so I sent
it again - and again ...
Hugh W Stewart wrote:
I am finding BCB6 sticky - often it goes off to do whatever and won't
respond to keyboard and mouse pointer actions for a second or two - or
longer sometimes. I turned off code completion and code parameters, to
no effect.
Also, when started up, BCB6 does not restore the IDE as I left it - the
project is opened, but not all the files I had open. Am I missing
something?

Thanks

{smallsort}