Board index » cppbuilder » Deskto problems

Deskto problems


2003-12-12 02:38:14 AM
cppbuilder56
I'm sorry to post the same question again, but I still need an answer.
I'm using BCB6Pro. I have set the environment option Autosave Project
Desktop, and used the Save Current Desktop on the toolbar, but it never
starts up with anything more than my main.cpp. I have to re-open all
other files that I want. I don't see anything else to tweek. What do I
have to do to have it restore my desktop when I startup?
Many thanks for a working answer!
 
 

Re:Deskto problems

Hugh, If you have having problems with weird IDE bugs in v6 then the first thing you
ought to do is upgrade to sp4 fixes. Then report back if the problem persists.
Hugh W Stewart wrote:
Quote
I'm sorry to post the same question again, but I still need an answer.
I'm using BCB6Pro. I have set the environment option Autosave Project
Desktop, and used the Save Current Desktop on the toolbar, but it never
starts up with anything more than my main.cpp. I have to re-open all
other files that I want. I don't see anything else to tweek. What do I
have to do to have it restore my desktop when I startup?

Many thanks for a working answer!

 

Re:Deskto problems

Randall, Thanks - I'm back! I downloaded sp4 and installed it - no
difference. (but it may have solved an unrelated problem)
Any more ideas? I am tired of having to open four or five different
files each time I start up.
Randall Parker wrote:
Quote
Hugh, If you have having problems with weird IDE bugs in v6 then the
first thing you ought to do is upgrade to sp4 fixes. Then report back if
the problem persists.

Hugh W Stewart wrote:

>I'm sorry to post the same question again, but I still need an answer.
>I'm using BCB6Pro. I have set the environment option Autosave Project
>Desktop, and used the Save Current Desktop on the toolbar, but it
>never starts up with anything more than my main.cpp. I have to
>re-open all other files that I want. I don't see anything else to
>tweek. What do I have to do to have it restore my desktop when I
>startup?
>
>Many thanks for a working answer!
>

 

{smallsort}

Re:Deskto problems

Hugh,
If you have upgraded from a previous version of BCB then the problem could be the
project file didn't migrate well. That certainly happens. So you could try creating a
new project file from scratch. Even if you haven't upgraded that still would be worth
trying.
Do you even have a .dsk file in the dir that has the .bpr file? If so, is the
date/time on it showing that it is getting updated?
Hugh W Stewart wrote:
Quote
Randall, Thanks - I'm back! I downloaded sp4 and installed it - no
difference. (but it may have solved an unrelated problem)

Any more ideas? I am tired of having to open four or five different
files each time I start up.


 

Re:Deskto problems

This was a new project. There was an up to date dsk file. However, I
took your suggestion and created a new project, and Voila!, it works.
Thanks for your help.
Hugh
Randall Parker wrote:
Quote
Hugh,

If you have upgraded from a previous version of BCB then the problem
could be the project file didn't migrate well. That certainly happens.
So you could try creating a new project file from scratch. Even if you
haven't upgraded that still would be worth trying.

Do you even have a .dsk file in the dir that has the .bpr file? If so,
is the date/time on it showing that it is getting updated?


Hugh W Stewart wrote:

>Randall, Thanks - I'm back! I downloaded sp4 and installed it - no
>difference. (but it may have solved an unrelated problem)
>
>Any more ideas? I am tired of having to open four or five different
>files each time I start up.
>
>